Act 17: Father and Daughter Time

(Opening Theme: Love Live! School Idol Project OP 1-Bokura wa Ima no Naka de Performed by μ's)

-Years Ago; Family Clinic-

    Yami didn't realize how he had kept himself sane all this time. It had only been three weeks since he agreed to take the kids in, and already they had been driving him insane. Both in his head, and financially wise. It seemed like the little kids were already taking over the apartment he had recently moved into. Though if it hadn't been for a few helping hands, he probably would've done something drastic; At least with his friends knowing him.

He had been getting awkward looks from the other parents and even the kids as the young Accelerator, Touma and Journey did their best to ignore them. Journey had been chewing on a toy car not quite understanding how it worked, while Touma and Accelerator had been playing cards.

    Yami could hear the other adults talking about them.

    "Look at that child--He looks like a ghost."

    "That girl is chewing on toys? How unruly."

    "What about that one with the bandages? Does that man treat them badly?"

    Yami soon spoke up, "Hey---Mind your own business if you know what's good for you all."

    Most of the parents had flinched at this as they moved away from where he sat. Just as this happened, a familiar doctor came into the waiting room.

    "Hey--" The man--Law soon said, "--Don't think about killing potential patients. Come on and let's get this over with."

    Yami rolled his eyes as he told Law, "Yeah Yeah. Wouldn't want your ass getting chewed out by the medical board."

    "Watch it, they're children here." Law said before he showed Yami and the children inside.

    It had only taken a few moments for Law to examine them all thoroughly and give them the standardized vaccinations and made sure everything had been normal, physical wise anyway.

    "Okay--" Law said as he gave the kids each a lollipop which they had been happy about, "--Everything checks out for them. And that's saying a lot given their situation. Aside from Touma's bruised up face they'll be safe from chicken pox to polio."

    "What about those scars these two have?" Yami asked, gesturing to Accelerator and Journey.

    "Surgical scars." Law said, "Though based on the x-rays the doctors from New York sent me over, there wasn't anything wrong with them internally and no alterations. Must've been the culprits sick joke of torture. At the very least it doesn't seem to bother them."

    Yami had said with a disdainful look, "Don't let me catch them if I see them someday."

    "However--" Law soon said as he cleared his throat, "--I am worried about the little redhead here. Physically she checked out, but she has clear signs of being illiterate, possibly she's mentally challenged unlike the other two."

    "Meaning what?" Yami asked.

    "It means she's a bit of a slow learner, and doesn't know how to read and form complete sentences. I had to change the eye exam to basic shapes since she couldn't even sound out the letters on the chart." Law explained, "I'm not sure how the poor kid ended up that way but it's almost like she doesn't even know if she's actually a human."

    Yami looked at the young girl as she had chewing on the lollipop stick almost as if she had been a puppy. "Terrific--" Yami said, "--I was planning on sending these three to school the second they were settled, but even if I put her in Special Ed, it'll take forever for her to catch up."