Points-9

Jalen P.O.V
Today was the day of our quarter-finals. Was I nervous to be facing such a good school and team? Of course I was it's me. That wasn't the only reason though.

Kevin wasn't going to fucking be here because he had a family emergency out of state. He was going to a funeral for one of his uncles. He didn't even want to miss today's game, but of course, his mom wanted him to go so she didn't feel so alone. It was her baby brother. I felt bad for her. He didn't fight her on it because he knew that she was hurting and I understood that.

I just hoped that we still could win this game tonight. Now, my parents, they weren't going to be here either. My mom never really liked basketball and even though she said she tried hard to get out of working tonight, I just feel like she didn't. She was still concerned about me being gay. I had turned into this super quiet and "tough/masculine" man at home just so she wouldn't suspect I was really...maybe...probably...bisexual. It felt so... what's the word?

My dad also wasn't coming tonight seeing as how he wasn't in town either. Boys trip with his friends.

This is the first part of the finals and I was alone. No best friend, Peyton was busy so she couldn't come, no parents, just no one to watch me. I was alone...

That's ok though. It's just high school games. It's no biggie really. I'll be fine.

I thought about maybe inviting Darnell, but we didn't leave off on a good foot and I haven't talked to him since that night. He said "Do you" and that's the only thing that's been replaying in my head. What does that mean? That were not friends anymore? It's like every time I'm with someone I like I always put my foot in my mouth. I still wanted him to teach me shit, but I guess that's a done deal now. Maybe I should invite him so I can have ONE person here for me. But honestly...he didn't even really like me before so I know this nigga wasn't coming now. Of course, I never listen though not even to myself so...

To "Darnell🫠":
Hi. I know you're probably mad at me,
but I just wanted to invite you to my
game. It's my quarterfinal game and
I don't have anyone here with me.
I want to see you tonight here. Hopefully,
you do so I can apologize correctly. If not...
I'm sorry for being so mean to you when you
were trying to help. I hope you come tonight❤️

Ok maybe the heart was too much, but it's already sent now. Nothing I can do about it now.

I got out of my car and walked inside of the school heading straight to my locker with my bag of food I bought from Starbucks. Breakfast sandwiches and a coffee. Hm...I wonder where Josh is. He's normally alway- never mind.

"Hi Josh," I greeted as he walked over to his locker to put his stuff away.

"Hey...are you coming to the party tonight? I know Kevin won't be there, but I promise to make this a night worth your while. We can finally spend some more alone time together," he said to me smiling.

"Alone time with a house full of people?" I asked him as he chuckled.

"I have...other plans for us. I'll find you at the party. You drinking tonight?" He asked me as I shook my head feeling nervous.

"No, I don't drink. I did once accidentally, but you know I don't do that stuff," I told him as I took a sip of my drink. So good.

"Well, WHEN we win tonight you gonna wanna celebrate so we're drinking tonight. WE'RE drinking tonight so get ready man. We're gonna have fun tonight," he told me making me chuckle and nod my head. I'm not drinking. I didn't even mean to drink at Darnell's party. I'm definitely not going to do it on purpose.