Points-31

Jalen P.O.V
I sat in the tub with Darnell sitting behind me at night time as he gently washed my body while kissing my neck and back. I felt good for the first time in a long time. It was Halloween tomorrow and normally I would dress up and have a Halloween party with Kevin. I guess it's not a party with two people.

"So I was thinking...maybe tomorrow we could dress up and then invite Kevin over and some of your other friends and I could order some food and we could have like our own little Hal-,"

"I'm good," I told him as he grew quiet before speaking again.

"Why? I think it'll be fun and it'll give you a chance to feel like your old self again. Seeing your friends would be good for you. You haven't left the house once and you don't let people come see you. They miss you and I know you mis-,"

"Wrong," I told him as he sighed.

"Not even Kevin? He's your best friend and h-,"

"You know he likes me and we kissed right? You want to bring him right to me?" I asked him as he laughed.

"Jalen, respectfully I don't give a fuck about how he feels about you because I know you'll never cheat on me, you don't feel the same way about him, a kiss ain't shit, and I know that he's respectful enough to not do that while we're actually in a relationship. I'm cool with him and I've actually been talking to him a bit since you won't answer his calls. That was supposed to make me not want to invite him over?" He asked me as I frowned up my face at him not caring.

"I kissed Peyton too," I told him as he chuckled.

"Yet you still ended up with me papi. Im. Not. Worried. Stop it. Im not the only person kissed. I didn't expect to be the only one. Im the only one you loved and I'm the only one you made love to. That other shit don't matter. Stop it," he spoke kissing my cheek as I folded my arms. "Why are you trying so hard to not have visitors?"

"Because I don't like looking at myself I don't want other people looking at me," I mumbled.

"Why? You're still the same Jalen. You're still fine as hell. You being in a wheelchair doesn't change how we view you. You're more self-critical than anything. We just want to be around you. Chair or not," he told me as I shook my head.

"I feel weird everyone else standing up, but me. I can't live a normal life anymore. It's embarrassing," I told him as nodded his head before getting us both out of the tub and dried off.

"What could you do before that you can't do now?" He asked me as I squinted my eyes at him.

"Walk," I told him as sighed.

"I know that Jalen. I'm talking about specif-fuck it. Never mind," he spoke before putting lotion on me and getting me dressed. He picked me up and laid me down in my bed before quickly cleaning up the bathroom and putting my dirty clothes in the hamper. He walked over to me and pecked my lips.

"Night," he mumbled turning off the lights in my room and leaving out closing the door behind him. I grabbed the pillow next to me and put it over my face yelling into it before sitting it down and closing my eyes hoping to get some sleep. I heard my phone vibrating making me pick it up and look at it. Decline. He called back again. Decline. He called back again...

"If I'm not answering obviously I don't want to talk Kevin,"

"I don't give a fuck! I haven't talked to you how long cause you don't answer and for what? You pissing me off Jalen real shit. I would never do no shit like that to you. I get that you're hurt and you're going through something, but don't take that out on me when I've done nothing to you but be there for you. I mean I gave you my fucking blood so you would that die! Not saying I did it for a thank you but I haven't received one yet, but all I'm getting from you is declined calls and read or unopened messages,"