Points-24

Jalen P.O.V
If I wasn't in love with Darnell before I damn sure was now. This man was amazing. Like without him...fuck man. Like my whole life was about to turn around.

Today was June 24. Two days after the draft. I didn't go and I wasn't drafted there...but thanks to Darnell who's been having NBA coaches and scouts coming out to see me play on multiple occasions, recording me playing, making film tape for me with his friend whose actual job is to edit videos and stuff, and for letting me play with his NBA friends, I was there. I was fucking there. They talked to me in private and I was sad about not being drafted, but it was because they had more things to go over about me and once they got quite a few personal recommendations I was fucking there!

The craziest part is that I wasn't there alone. Darnell had brought up Kevin's name along with mine and showed them footage of him too. Now we were in this together. All thanks to Darnell. Neither of us was ready for the actual roster yet since they said we were almost there, but they wanted us to get a better feel of how it was to play professionally.

So now you were looking at the newest G-League members of the Pistons which meant that we could stay home! Except for travel and away games of course. Anyways, the coach for the Rockets which is the team we had been in talks with didn't have any room for us right now, but talked about us doing good for this one year in the G-League and then would pick us up. All thanks to fucking Darnell who had been in their ears apparently since we met. After we played that game with Dillon.

He's been talking about me. Even before he said he loved me. Before we started fucking. When he was still being super mean. He had been looking out for me this whole time secretly. For him, it wasn't about being seen as the one that got me where I wanted to be he was helping out without saying anything. I wouldn't have even known how much he truly did for me if it wasn't for Dillon telling me. Darnell has had my back since day one. Dillon said even then he said there was something about me and that he saw something in me.

He couldn't live out his dreams in the NBA due to an injury so he tried his hardest to make sure I made it. My best friend too! I want him so bad...

I had been staying with him for the last couple of days that way my dad didn't have to worry about feeding two people or gas or anything. Darnell had been taking pretty good care of me and he actually secretly paid my apartment rent for the next 3 months. Why? I don't know. Did he have to? Of course not. When I asked him why? He told me not to talk to him, so I was minding my business.

If anything though my dad tried to pay him back, but he wouldn't let him. My dad was pretty much pushing for us to get married now and we weren't even together...

Yeah, my dad didn't understand that part either.

Darnell had one more week to tell me if we were together or not though and I was done. I felt some type of way about everything he's done for me and I low-key thought he was doing it just so I wouldn't leave him in a week when I know he's going to turn me down again. That way it'll be like, how you gone leave me after I just did everything for you. Then I thought about how stupid that was since I found out he had been doing this way before we even started fucking.

He thought he wasn't a good person and that's crazy to me. Niggas really scarred my man. Got him thinking he doesn't deserve love, he's not a good person, and that everyone is going to be the same and hurt him in the end.

If he would just give me a fucking chance.

I felt my phone buzz making me check it. I felt my heart beating out of my chest making me shockingly walk over to the wall and slide down it before putting my hands in my head. I can't believe this shit. Like what the fuck...