Points-32

Darnell P.O.V
Watching Jalen cry and to be the hardest thing Ive ever been through. Just seeing him I pain had me hurting worst than I ver before. I tried my best to keep him happy and motivated and it didn't work all the time. I hated when he was sad or going through it which Selene Sri be all the time lately. With it now being November he was mad. Not at me, but mad that he couldn't see May progress with his legs even though I could.

Pt got way less painful and stressful for him
And that's improvement. It means his body was getting used to the exercises. It was November so I would hope so. There was an exercise that I wanted to try with him that I knew he was going to be like fuck no, but it would be good for him. I wanted to strap him to me and then stand him up and get him started on taking steps. He wouldn't have to walk by himself, but his legs would be making the motions again. I just knew he was going to hate that shit, but I was only trying to help.

Being a PT was easy for me. I knew what came with him and I was prepared to be cussed out and shit by him. Other people have said worst to me. When you're at your low you're at your low. I think for me it just hit harder because it my baby. Not that he was hurting my feelings so much, but the fact he was in so much pain and so depressed.

I was used to being talked down too so I was used to it. I knew he didn't mean it though so I wasn't tripping. He was going through it and I knew that. I wasn't going to make his life harder by taking it to heart and then treating him weird.

We were together now so I had to hold him down and make sure he was good. I loved him too much. My baby man.

I found myself growing emotional a lot of times while dealing with him. It broke my heart to see him in any type of distress.

"Darnell," I hard a raspy and tired voice say to me making me turn around and look at him. He was in my bed and I was in my chair playing the game. He had been sleeping because he said he wasn't feeling too good. I get it. It was starting to get cold so I'm not surprised he had a cold.

"Yea baby?" I replied turning around to look at him.

"Are you going to leave me because I'm 18?" He asked me as I shook my head.

"I would have never gotten with you if I was worried about that. You're mature for your age and treat me good. You're also grown as fuck," I told him as he sighed. "Why you asking me that?"

"Like if a nigga that was older than me and looked better than me would-,"

"Don't no nigga look better than you, fuck better than you, or love me more than you. Stop talking to me," I replied making him nod his head as I turned back around and resumed my game.

"But what if-,"

"Jalen why are you asking me this shit?" I asked him as he sighed.

"I'm insecure...," he whispered making me pause my game and get up before walking over to him. I got into the bed behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

"How are you of all people insecure? You should be the most secure person in the world because there's not another person I can even THINK about wanting or being with. I love you Jalen. No one but you. You're the only good thing in my life so for you to be worried about your spot like I'm not the one that should me worried is crazy as fuck," I told him chuckling.

Like is he crazy? Does he not know who the fuck he is?

"Even though I'm paralyzed?" He asked me sniffling making me kiss his cheek and wipe his face.

"Yes baby. I keep telling you that. I'm not worried about you being that chair. That doesn't make me love you any less. You have a bad dream or something?" I asked him as he nodded my head.