Points-27

Jalen P.O.V
I sat on my back balcony at 5 in the morning watching the sun come up. It was a little chilly seeing how early it was, but I didn't care. I couldn't sleep. I had a cup of tea and was wearing a hoodie and some shorts.

I've been trying to act like I wasn't hurt, but I was. I wanted to make myself get over it faster, but the more I ignored him the more I hurt myself. I missed him so badly and the fact that my dad had been talking to him was crazy. I wasn't upset and I was actually happy that my dad could be like sort of a dad for him. He needed that and he deserved it. I didn't hate him and I definitely wanted him to be happy. I just couldn't do it at the expense of myself anymore.

I had gotten a couple of tattoos and I was pretty happy about them all. One was my dad's birthday because I loved him so much I wanted to have something to connect me to him. Another one was a peace symbol on my hand, I had a smiley face with an x for eyes, and then I got some on my leg too. It was a long day when I got it done, but I liked them and they healed nicely.

I went to IG and posted a quick picture of the sunset on my story. No caption needed. After sitting there for a while I got up and went back into the apartment and headed to my kitchen. I didn't know how to cook, but I may have picked up a few things from Darnell from cooking breakfast with him. I'm not even that hungry since I haven't really had an appetite lately, but I know I had to eat for my own health.

I took out some eggs, cheese, seasonings, and some meat. I'll try to make an omelet. If I can remember how he does it. I wanted so badly to call him and say "Darnell, I'm hungry," knowing that was all I had to say and he would drop everything and either come cook for me, pick me up, or order me something. I know if I did it now he still would, but I had to stand by my word. Even though I felt like my body was on fire. I felt like I was having withdrawals. I missed my baby so much man. We weren't even together yet this felt like a break up. My first breakup with my first damn near everything.

I was you g and they always say you don't end up with your first, but damn I really thought that we were going to make it. It just made sense. I was the goofy hyper one who was optimistic and happy about everything and he was the mean and serious one who hated the world yet treated the one he loved like a king. We were different but we worked. I taught him to be more caring and happy and to just be vulnerable. He taught me to stand up for myself and how to do what makes me happy. He believes in that so truly. I just don't get why he believes that he doesn't deserve to be happy.

I wish his uncle was dead.

I heard a knock on my front door and looked at it confused before walking over to it and looking out of the peephole. There was no one there. I slowly opened the door and looked down seeing a box making me look around lost. What the fuck?

I picked it up and brought it in before opening it and looking inside. Last time it was a bottle of liquor, this time it was...underwear? These are m-my underwear.

I picked up my phone and went to my dad's number quickly calling him.

He didn't answer. I know it's early but come on Dad.

I called back this time getting an answer. Sorry dad...

"Hello?"

"Yea, Jay...it's...5:30 son. You ok?"

"Um Dad, I think Josh knows where I live. A couple of weeks ago I received a package with no name or anything like who it was from, but when I opened it was a bottle of liquor. I didn't know who it was from, but I forgot to ask if one of y'all sent it. I didn't though. Now I just received another and it's...i-it's my underwear from that night...,"

"...Jesus...did you see anybody outside? In the hallways or anything?"

"No. Just the box, but d-dad how does he know where I live?"