Points-25

Jalen P.O.V
When I say I was exhausted I meant exhausted! Today we had our first practice and this was crazy compared to school ball. I mean I'm conditioned and everything, but I was still tired from over doing it today. I had to leave a good impression and I did. Both Kevin and I. It was a lot of running and then we ran some games and worked out. I haven't worked o it that hard in a long time.

It was a very discipline heavy practice which is what I expected. I mean it's the NBA. That was to be expected.

"Im so tired. I know I said I wanted to go eat, but I'm about to pass out. I'm going home. We can get breakfast or something or just get dinner tomorrow," Kevin spoke making me laugh.

"Nah I get it man," I replied giving him a small hug.

"Aight, text me when you get home. I love you," he spoke rubbing my hair a bit before walking to his car that was next to mine.

"I love you too. See you," I told him before getting into my car. I watched as he sped off making me laugh at him. He's so ready to get in the bed.

I heard a knock on my window making me roll it down.

"Wassup, Amen," I spoke as he gave me a small smile.

"Nothing much I just wanted to say as someone who's been on the team for 2 years now, I think you're fitting in great. It was a good practice today and you seem to have chemistry with everyone that you're teamed up with on the court. My twin and I go the gym a lot in our off time and just hang and do normal shít too with some of the other guys on the team. Give me you number so when we start hanging and shít I can invite you. That way we can all get to know each other better. I was about to ask Kevin too, but nigga pulled off so fucking fast," he spoke making me chuckle.

"Yea he's tired, but I'll ask him later if it's cool and if it is I'll just text you his number," I told him as we exchanged numbers.

"Yea that's cool. Well aight. I won't hold you here just had to give you your props. Keep doing what you're doing man. I think you'll be a star," he spoke dapping me up making me smile.

"Thanks man. I really appreciate it. You're really good too and tall as shit. I hope we can all play on the same team together in the league," I spoke as he nodded his head.

"Yea me too man. Well let me ge-,"

"Amen, let's go bro. I'm fucking starving and ma made my favorite!" His twin Ausar yelled hanging half of his body out of the window.

"Shut up nigga I'm coming!" He yelled before giving me a small wave and walking over to the car while arguing with his twin. I know that must feel good to make it with your twin.

That's how I feel about making it with Kevin. It's like we're both living our drama together.

I rolled my window back up and then turned on some music before pulling out of the lot and heading home. To my new apartment. I felt good to be able to say that. MY new apartment. My phone started ringing making my music go off as the call came through the car. It's Darnell.

"Hello?"

"Wassup Papi,"

"Hi, Darnell,"

"What are you doing?"

"I just left practice like 5 minutes ago,"

"Did you eat today?"

"Earlier I did, but I'm hungry now. I was supposed to eat with Kevin and go out, but he's too tired and I honestly get it,"

"Can we go out? Like can I...can I take you out?"

"Like on a date?"

"I mean if that's what you wanna call it...I want us to catch up and talk and I want to know how your first day of practice went. I feel like you don't be spending time with me anymore,"