Points-29

Jalen P.O.V
I slowly opened my eyes feeling a headache start from the light that was blinding me. The room I was in looked like a hos-oh it was a hospital. I got shot. I looked down at my legs and tried to move them, but felt nothing. I felt nothing at all. No...

I sat up slightly and yawned before rubbing my lips together feeling that they were moisturized. Who was moisturizing my lips?

I stretched my arms feeling glad that they worked and stretched the best that I could. I really couldn't feel my legs. I jumped looking up and seeing my dad looking at me with a smile and tears in his eyes.

"Son, I'm so glad you're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked me as I shrugged.

"I-I don't know. I can't feel my legs," I told him as he gave me a small smile.

"It's probably because you've been asleep for so long that your body is still in resting mode. Are you having any pain?" He asked me as I shook my head.

"My head, but it's not super bad," I spoke with a scratchy throat.

"Here drink some water," he told me before raising my bed and helping me drink some water through a straw.

"How long was I out?" I asked him as he sighed.

"About a month. Maybe more counting the days. You lost a lot of blood, but of course, Kevin has the same blood type so he donated. I would have but we don't have the same blood type," he told me as I nodded my head.

"Does mom know?" I asked him as he nodded his head.

"I told her. I called her and I texted her and she said...well she just isn't coming. Don't worry about her though. Your friends have all been here to see you. Kevin comes by after practice every day with Nia. He'll play music for you and tell you about practice and shit. Uh, Peyton had been here quite a few times. She braided your hair again and used some type of dry shampoo shit I don't understand. CJ has been here just sitting quietly with you. Even those other boys have been here to see you too. Manuel and Kaden I think," he told me as I nodded my head.

He didn't mention the name I wanted to hear most...

"Oh, your grandma has been here too. Of course, she had to come to check in on her favorite grandson," he told me with a small smile.

"What happened to Josh?" I asked him as he gave me a small smile.

"Well...he was found beaten almost to death in an alley and now he's in prison. Life with no parole. He finally got what he deserved. I'm not supposed to know this, but I heard that he was having a good time in there," he told me and even though I wanted to feel bad about that happening to anyone, I didn't feel bad for him at all.

He deserved everything he had coming for him. I wish him nothing but the worst in life.

And I mean that.

"Dad, have you heard from Darnell? Has he been here or?..." I asked him nervously as he looked at me confused.

"Well...last I heard from him he was sleeping on that couch like he is right now. You didn't even notice him, did you? He's right there. He hasn't left your side since you've got here. He paid for you to get an upgraded room and basically moved in. He has a duffle that has clothes in it for the week and he showed here and eats in the food court. He's been sleeping on that couch since you've got here. He's been here 24/7. When he wakes up, of course you're allowed to feel how you want, but we've been talking and he's been going through also so take it easy on him. And he's been letting everyone know that you're his boyfriend which is something new. The nurses know, the doctors know, we all know...he wrote you a letter he wants you to read," he told me as I nodded my head looking at Darnell who was now sitting up and staring at me.