Points-26

Super short chapter. This is just a filler. Beware.
🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀Darnell P.O.V
I've been lying in this bed for longer than I could count. I haven't showered, shaved, cut my hair, eaten or anything. I was depressed as fuck and like he said it was nobody's fault, but my own. I see now I'm a self-saboteur. I ruin all the good shit around me because of fear. It's my fault. All I had to do was make shit official with him and I could be laid up in bed with him right now. Watching some dumb ass movie I care nothing about, but would sit through just for him. Cooking together or listening to him ramble about some nonsense that makes him smile hard as fuck.

I ruined it though.

I put my face into my pillow and let more tears fall as I felt my phone vibrating I quickly sat up and grabbed it thinking that maybe, just maybe it was my baby calling me. Of course, it wasn't...

"Come open the door," I heard my friend Brent say through the phone before hanging up. I sighed before slowly getting out of my bed and walking downstairs. I open the front door after looking at my appearance feeling even more said. I look just how I feel.

"What?" I spoke as he walked in looking at me.

"What's going on with you? I've been calling you and showing up and you didn't think to answer the door or a call and say that you were at least alive Nell. Wassup with you? You missed mad gigs, events, and everything. Now I come here and you look...terrible. When was the last time you showered or brushed yo teeth? Yo bears look ducking crazy and you need a haircut bad," he spoke making me nod my head.

"Thanks for being so uplifting," I spoke sarcastically as he smacked his lips.

"My nigga, I'm just being real. You'll feel much better once you get cleaned up and eat and shit," he told me as I shook my head.

"Nothing will make me feel better, but seeing him. I'm depressed so I haven't been taking care of myself because I feel like I can't and you're telling me the only way to stop feeling depressed is to take care of myself? I'd rather just lay in my bed," I told him truthfully before walking away.

"Well I mean...who's fault is that? You told me how much you love this nigga me I even told you I've never seen you this happy before and you just let him walk away," he spoke as I sighed.

"I-I know. I don't know what's wrong with me," I told him quietly as I wiped my face quickly so he couldn't see me crying.

"Bro...how about you just go talk to him? Give that nigga a chance. Think about it, you didn't want to commit to him and put a label on y'all because you felt that the moment you did that shit would go bad and y'all would break up and hate each other. I know y'all don't hate each other now from what I've heard, but the same shit happened without a title and it was because of you. Having a label doesn't mean that shit is doomed. I'm sure he just wanted to know that you felt the same way about him that you did," he spoke as I shook my head.

"I told him that! He knows that!" I yelled frustrated as he shook his head.

"Well obviously not 'cause he left. I get that you were scared and didn't want him to hurt you, but you couldn't have sacrificed that fear for him? He hasn't hurt you so far. I've seen you give niggas a chance who didn't ever make you smile like that, but the one that makes you happy can't have you?" He spoke as I sighed.

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore. You came and checked on me I'm not dead. Can you go now?" I spoke wiping my face again making him chuckle.

"Whatever nigga. Give him a chance. He's better than yo ex's," he spoke before leaving out. I locked the door after him and then walked up the stairs to my room. I sat down in my bed and went to Jalen's contact calling him about 4 times hearing it go straight to voicemail every time. He really blocked me.