↳𝘔𝘬

•~❉᯽❉~•

❝𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙄 𝙗𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙.❞

-------

          Humming to yourself, you climbed up the stairwell up towards Mk's apartment door, clutching plastic bags firm in your hold. You had finished shopping with Macaque a while back and promised Mk you'd be home by 5, so here you were at 4:45. You had bought some new stuff for you as well, so you were hoping to keep them at Mk's, they would have more of a use here anyways.

Fiddling with Mk's apartment key, you put it in the door and unlocked it, the click ringing through the quiet area. The shop was closed and you could only assume that Mk was either with Wukong at the time or taking an after work shower. So, when you walked in, you didn't announce your presence, expecting a few moments of silence on your behalf. Color you surprised when you hear a small sniffle from the main sleeping area.

Furrowing your brows, you shut the front door and dropped your bag, the sniffling stopping the moment you made a noise. Looking side to side, you slowly placed Mk's key down onto the counter, along with your phone and wallet. After taking your shoes off in the now silent apartment, you slid on your socks over to the bedding area.

Taking in a deep breath, you peaked past the corner and let out a sigh of relief, seeing Mk sitting on his bed looking right back at you. "Geez, Mk. You scared me, I thought someone had broken in-!" Taking a small step forward, you air left your body as Mk threw himself onto you, throwing you both to the ground. "Hey-! Mk, I'm still not..!" You tried to tell him that you weren't healed from the past fights, but stopped when you felt your shoulder slowly get wet. "Mk..?" You called his name, placing your hands on the back of shirt, watching and feeling as he pressed himself closer to you.

With a few more sniffles, your ears eventually registered a few choked sobs coming out of the guy you were holding. "You're back..." Mk eventually cried out, your heart tugging at just how broken his voice seemed, it's like he had been crying for a while. "I thought you left... and you're not..." He stopped speaking as more cries came out of him, you positive that your shirt was damp with his tears and snot.

Adjusting your hold on him, you slowly sat up and held Mk in your lap, leaning your head onto his own while patting his back. "Of course I'm back, I told you I would be. I'm not going to leave you, Mk." You gentle assured him, listening to Mk's cries slowly grow louder and stronger with each word of comfort you spoke. "Sometimes, I need time to myself, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving you. We all need out moments of independence." Mk only nodded his head and cried for a little longer, you just sitting there and let it happen.

After a while longer, Mk's cries died down and he slowly leaned his head into your own, a gesture that made your body relax. "You're really not going to leave me again?" He croaked out, you just shaking your head and hugging Mk closer to you. "It's just... I'm not feeling so great after everything, you know what I'm talking about right?" You only nodded again, slowly rocking Mk in your arms. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do this to you." He sniffled again, you getting ready for Mk to start crying once more.

When he didn't, you pulled him back and off your shoulder, now staring at the puffy eyed man in front of you. "Mk, it's okay. None of us deserved to go through that, especially you. You're a great person Mk, don't worry too much about me and start worrying about yourself." With a smile, you helped Mk stand back up, letting him lean farther into your body. "You smell like Wukong, let's get you in the shower." You tried to lighten the mood, gesturing for him to start walking towards the bathroom.