Chapter 19

This is the last chapter! We are not going to talk about how long it took me to finish this story, but I'm so glad I did! The next book is the one I look forward to the most and I can't wait to start!

~Narnia -2 Years Later~

Makayla's POV

"It's time Orieus. I can feel it," I say as I sharply turn the corner into the West Wing of Cair Paravel.

"It is not time, Your Majesty, your father broke the curse," Orieus replies.

I shake my head. This gut feeling is telling me this curse, my curse, was never broken. "Orieus, I believe he broke the curse, but not my curse. Something doesn't feel right and I have a feeling that it's my time to go."

My chamber doors are opened wide by my guards as I make my entrance into the hall. Orieus, whom is right on my heels, halts at my door in respect. I wave my hand for him to enter with me and make my way to, what Edmund had called, my wardrobe.

"Your Majesty. There is no sense of you leaving, not on your own. There is no reason to believe anything is going to happen to you. This palace, these guards, and I are here to make sure that nothing happens to you. You are the saf-,"

"Orieus!" I shout which causes him to shut up immediately, "The kingdom, the guards, and likely you, will turn against me, whether you like it or not! I will not be here when my only friend comes against me! I will not be here when Narnians, as nice as the Beavers, turn their heads at me because of a curse! I am leaving and that is final."

Orieus stiffens and I let out a shaky breath. Shaking my hands, I continue to grab my most important belongings: clothing, knives and axe, and my last gift from Edmund which was a beautiful pure gold Queen chess piece that he made by hand. My most treasured item.

"Makayla. I can't bear this idea, but if it respects your wishes, then I will stay to guard the castle," Orieus bows, placing his fist over his chest.

I give a small smile of gratitude. "Thank you Orieus. You have always been there for me."

"It is an honor to serve you, My Queen."

"It's Princess and you know it."

Orieus comes over to me, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. "It has always been Queen to me."

__________________________________

I look behind me and take in the view: Cair Paravel, the beautiful water, and the trees swaying in the breeze. Home.

I hope to come back when I break this curse.

The real question is... will they ever want me back?