Chapter 11

Hey guys! Not a long chapter today but I know you'll love it! Enjoy!

Edmund's POV

I quickly block Peter's swing then aim for his legs. He jumps and I back away. This has been going on for about an hour.

"Alright, practice is over for today," Oreius said from a short distance.

I pick a rag up off the ground to wipe my face.

"Edmund?" Peter asks.

I look at him confused. "Yes Peter?"

"Are you alright?"

I furrow my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Peter sighs. "I know you've been through a lot lately and I just don't want you overdoing yourself."

"I'm fine Peter, don't worry." I lie.

He sighs. "Alright, but if you want to talk I'm here."

I nod and walk away from him. I feel my hands tremble from the fear coming back. I quickly put my hands in my pocket and walk towards the woods.

~~~~~

Makayla's POV

"Mom?" I ask again.

I turn in a circle, but nothing. I'm really going insane.

A whirlwind of flowers starts spinning in front of me till it creates a body. Of course it didn't look like an actual body since it is made of flowers, but you can tell.

"Hello dear." The voice says.

"What in the world?" I whisper.

I hear a chuckle. "Don't worry Makayla. I have been trying to get your attention for so long, but I didn't want you to be terrified."

I stand still, not sure how to respond. "Okay?"

"I've watched you over the years and it pains my heart to see what you have gone through. You have a heart of gold, pure and true. I want to tell you that I'm proud of you."

I feel joy and anger mix in my veins. "I'm going to stop you there. You could've stayed, but you didn't. You left your child in another world alone. Now, after all these years, you decide and come to talk to me when you could have this whole time!"

"Honey, I-"

"No!' I scream. 'No I tried or I wanted to. You didn't. You never. I can't believe you."

I turn to walk away, tears streaming down my face.

"Makayla! Please, just listen! I've wanted to talk to you but I didn't want to add to everything going on in the time." My mom says.

"You mean the abandonment? The fear? The pain? The loneliness? Yeah, whatever you want to say." I spit.

This time, I walk away. I've never stood up for myself, but I'm going to. I've had enough of this pain.

I walk for a few minutes till I hear the crunching of footsteps. I stop to listen but the noise stopped. Is she following me? I roll my eyes and keep walking till I see Edmund sitting by a tree.

"Hey Edmund."

Edmund's head shoots up. "Oh...hi."

"Can I sit with you?"

He nods and I sit down.

"Are you okay?" I ask. I notice that he was shaky.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I sigh. "Tell me."

He looks me in the eye. I feel a peace flow over me all of a sudden. What in the world?

"Peter just brought up what happened, again."

"Oh."

He nods. "Yeah. He doesn't understand that I don't want to talk about it, and Aslan told me not to tell them."

I cross my legs and place my hands in my lap. "I know what you're going through."

"You do? I know your Father said I could talk to you, but I don't see you being the type to get captured."

I chuckle. "Not exactly. I was abandoned."

His eyes widen. "Abandoned?"

I nod. "My parents brought me here after I learned to transform and left me."

"Oh. Well, I've never been abandoned, but I've felt abandoned." He says.

I look at the ground. "You guys seeing Aslan for the first time is the first time I've seen him since I was little."

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. "I don't know what all happened, but if I've learned one thing so far it's that you're one of the bravest people I have ever met."

I smile. "Thank you Edmund."

He smiles. "Now, enough of that, what's your favorite color?"

I start laughing. "Smooth move. It's blue. What's your's?"

"Red." He replies.

"Food?" I ask.

"Hm, I don't know, I'm Turkish Delight probably." Edmund shrugs.

I laugh. He was different than his siblings. Something about him made me happy just to talk to him.

~~~~

Edmund's POV

She is something else. The way she laughs makes me smile. I know she is going to be my best friend.

I know I want to be with her forever.

This chapter is so cute! I hope you loved it! Comment and Vote! See you in the next chapter!