Chapter 26

Forgive me for I have tainted a pure soul,

Forgive me I became a part of your nightmare

Forgive me for giving you to demons 

Forgive me for not saving you

Forgive me that I am too late

Bella's POV

I sat near Zayn's bed immobile. I tried to wrap things around all the events that happened in the span of 5 minutes. I immediately called Sean inside the house. Right now Zayn needs to get treated. I don't know about the depth of his wounded heart but I can definitely cater to his physical wounds.  Sean immediately came inside Zayn's bedroom. He was also as shocked as I was. I left the room to give privacy to Zayn. I know he can't see me watching him naked but I feel it is a sin to violate his privacy even if he is unconscious. Sean soon lifted clothed Zayn and we hurriedly got out of his house. I told Sean to take him to my hotel room. I looked at still knocked down Mel on the sofa and left the house. 

In the hotel room I immediately shifted to a two room suit to give a separate room to Zayn. Sean called a doctor from his agency who will maintain our confidentiality. Doctor treated him and gave medicines to give him later. He told me to specifically take care of his food as he is too weak. Once Sean and the Doctor left; I sat near Zayn's bed. He was lying there still unconscious. I hesitantly took his hand in mine. He looked so fragile. 

For the first time in past years I looked at Zayn. I not only looked at him but saw how broken he is. I was so oblivious to the signs of him getting abused. Here I am to conduct a project on people getting abused and I could not even see that the person I loved is himself a victim. All signs were there from the beginning. All the flashbacks of the past came to my mind. Right from Zayn's refusal to marry Mel, He had told me that she is a monster and obsessed with him. What I did in return I slapped him and blackmailed him to marry her. I made him helpless; taken advantage of his undying love for me. 

 All pieces clicked together on the day of their marriage; Zayn had come to meet me at the airport.  He was disheveled. He was trying to tell me something but Mel interrupted him. He was trying to tell me with his eyes. I could not read his eyes. I could not understand his discomfort, his fear and his pain. He was literally begging with his eyes not to let him go but I shut him off. I friendzoned him. If only I could understand his mute protest I could have saved him. Another Kind of regret crawled up to me. I did not receive his phone calls. I closed all communication with him. I did not give him a chance to seek help. 

I hurriedly went to search for my sim card which I had removed on the day of my departure. I found it in my purse. I had kept it as a memory of Zayn with me. I never dared to insert it on my mobile and read our messages. I inserted my old sim card in my mobile. It took some time to restart it. Once it started it showed a few Voice mails. 

There were missed calls from Zayn in the call log. 

I clicked on the voice mails on the day of Zayn's wedding. 

First Voice mail

" Bella ! Bella! Please pick up my calls. I need to tell you something. Please call back urgently. I am scared". Zayn's panicked voice blared through the phone. 

Second Voice Mail

" Bella! Bella! Please help me. come here fast. Mel is not in her right senses. I am scared." Zayn begged in his message. Mel's voice could be heard in the background to open the door. 

 Third Voicemail

" Bella! Bella! Please send some help to me. Why did you not listen to me? Please help. M scared. " Zayn was crying over the phone. I could hear Mel screamed at him in the background and demanded to give his phone. Suddenly voicemail got disconnected. I hold my phone tightly. Fear gripped me. My fingers hesitated to press the last Voice mail. 

I pressed forth voicemail

Zayn's soft voice came through voice mail. 

" Bella...it's too late now. I have be...en robbed of my innocence and purity. I.. m..I.. m tainted now. I have nothing to safeguard now.  Happy journey... good luck for new beginningof your life..." Voicemail ended with a soft bye from Zayn. 

Phone slipped through my hands. 

I am too late...... 

Authors Note: 

Happy reading! If you are reading this then thank you for following hollowness.