E I G H T | 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

2 days later

Sitting at the park with a friend that you just had found was something Kevin didn't see in himself. Yet, it was happening. Right now.

Things have been...well, rough for Kevin.

Ever since the last time he's seen you, he had been non stop crying. It really did hurt him when you pushed him into the wall. It didn't hurt him physicality, it hurt him mentally. It was like he put his trust into you, and you just broke it off like it was nothing. Not only did you push him into the wall, you also said some things that were engraved into his thoughts.

He felt like a joke, a idiotic being to believe that you would treat him so good. It was bound to happen, it was coming to him. He knew that you would be too good to be true. The way you gave him nothing but care, positivity, complements, how could Kevin be so blind?

And after that, Kevin haven't seen you since. Which was fine to Kevin, he didn't need to see you every single day. He thinks that at least.

"Okay Kevin I'm back! I got ice cream for us but I sort of forgot what your favorite flavor was again..." Chucky announced.

Kevin shot Chucky a forced smile and stared off into space again. He watched the kids in front of him swing on swings and slide down slides. It sort of brung him joy in some way to see other kids have fun. If Kevin couldn't be happy, he liked to see others be happy instead.

Chucky groaned as he saw Kevin not pay attention to him anymore. "Kevin! How many times do I have to tell you? It's okay! Just enjoy this beautiful day." Chucky insisted.

Kevin closed his eyes shut before reopening them again. "If it's okay then why don't I feel okay?" He questioned. Kevin brought his eyes up to Chucky, signaling that he was sincere with his question and really wanted to know.

Chucky hesitated before sighing and looking the other way. "A girl pushed you, so what? You shouldn't let a women define your day! Just have fun and forget about it, Kevin."

Kevin clicked his cheeks and took a lick out of his ice cream. He stared off into space again and used his other hand to fiddle with a random metal thing underneath the table.

"It's easier said than done." Kevin complained. "I am trying to have fun. But all I can think about is her, why is that? Chucky?"

Chucky shrugged his broad shoulders. "Maybe it's because the fact that she hurt you? I'm not sure Kevin. See for me, when a girl hurts me I go to a club or something like that. Maybe even a bar and have my own fun with other girls."

Chucky laughed as he remembered some random moments in his mind. "Yeah, that usually gets my mind off of things." He sighed and turned his head to Kevin.

He studied Kevin for a second before rolling his eyes. "But you on the other hand. You don't seem like a lady's man, am I right?" He half joked and half asked.

Kevin stopped fiddling with the metal thing to think about it, hesitating and fiddling with it even harder than before. "Uhh, I wouldn't like to think of myself like that...." He answered. Kevin looked at Chucky with pure innocence in his eyes, that alone was enough to give Chucky his answer.

Chucky clicked his tongue and turned away from Kevin. "Hence why I brought you to this nice, and joyful park instead of a bar or club. This should've been more suitable for you but I guess you're still not letting go of it, huh?"

"I guess..." Kevin turned his head towards the kids playing around. The air was filled with laughter and kindness. It was intoxicating, filling Kevin up with joy and actually making him smile. Even if it was just a little bit.