Chapter 40

JASMINE:

My eyes abruptly open and immediately meet a white bright light.

Am I dead?

Oh no,i am not. Im in the hospital. It smells in here,this hospital scent is not pleasing. I glance at my body to only see that my clothes have been taken off and I'm only left in a Johnny gown but luckily I still have my underwear and bra on.

Why am I in a Johnny gown? as if I am going for an operation.

The door creaked when the doctor pushed it open,he stares at me and realises that I am awake. "Hey,you're awake! That's good news. Your husband was so worried that he almost had a panic attack," the doctor says looking into a wardrobe as if he was looking for medicine.

Did he just call Jason my husband? I will let it slide. Though I wish he was my husband.

"Does he know that I am awake?" I ask him trying to sit up straight but my body denies to cooperate with me.

"Just relax,he is not aware about anything," he says with a warm smile on his face. "Are you hungry ? Are you craving something to eat exactly? I can tell your husband to get it for you. Before you get discharged."

"I want a dairy milk chocolate," I say with a smile on my face

"Alright,I'll tell him." He says," how do you feel right now?" He asks walking towards me. I feel much better now. I don't have a headache anymore

"I'm fine," I say.

"I want to run some tests. I want you to take this pregnancy test hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin ) and pee on it as the first test," he hands me the pregnancy test. I carefully stand up and go into the other room.

If I am pregnant,I don't know what I will tell my parents. I am hundred percent sure this is Jason's child because he was the first guy I've ever slept with.
I pee on the tube and give it to the doctor afterwards. I lay on the bed and glance at the doctor

"Did you miss your period this month?" He asks me,to think of it. I think I did miss my period because right now I'm supposed to be experiencing painful cramps.

"Yes,I think I did. Or maybe they have just delayed this month," I utter

"Why am I in a Johnny gown?!" I ask

"You were sweating a lot and you looked uncomfortable in your casual clothes at that point of time."

"Oh,I understand." I say

"You have to wait for three minutes for the results,but I am sure you are pregnant Ms white," he later on leaves the room.

My heart starts racing ,this is not what I wanted. I don't want to be a mother at this age. I want to have fun. But looks like everything you do has consequences at the end of the day. Luckily,it was with Jason not just some random guy I dislike or something. How am I going to tell Jason the news?! How will he react? Will he even care ?

What if he runs away?

What if he leaves me?! I just hope that's not the case right now.

We won't know unless we try. If he does run away,I will find him and he will pay for it.

Jason:

I take deep breathes as I walk back and forth waiting for the doctor to tell me what's going on with her.
"Sir,relax. Take a seat!" Another nurse tells me as she notices that I'm panicking. I take a seat and drink some water to cool myself down

I dig out my phone and start listening to calm music. As I was listening to music,a doctor approaches me

"Are you Jasmine Whites husband?!" He asks. Curious to know the relationship that I have with jasmine.

"Oh no. I am her boyfriend. Is she okay?!" I ask him

"She is okay. You want to see her?!"he asks me. Of course I want to see her.

"Obviously! I want to see how she is doing," I say as he guides me to the room where jasmine is.

He walks into the room and I see jasmine laying down on the bed. I rush over to jasmine and give her a hug. She smiles but it immediately vanishes
"What's wrong love?" I ask curious to know what's going on with her. She gets something from under her pillow and shows me

I stare at it and realise that it's a pregnancy test tube and it's positive. Is that the reason why jasmine has been sick lately ?! Wait to make things worse,am I the father?

"You're pregnant?!" I furrow my eyebrows

"We are pregnant!" She says,glaring at me

I honestly don't know what to say and how to feel. I just have mixed emotions right now.

"Lovely !!!" I say and hug her tightly.

"I love you jasmine!" I say, kissing her on her cheek

"I love you too Jason! But why did you take long to answer?"

"I didn't know how to reply and I had to process things. I'm sorry love," I say with a smile on my and the corner of her lip lifts up Into a lovely smirk as we make eye contact

"How are you going to tell your parents?" I ask her curious to know. How will I tell my mother ? I hope she'll be okay with it. I'm willing to take care of the child

"I already told them,my mum was okay with it saying that as long as I loved the gent it's okay but my dad was very upset. However,he calmed down and he is willing to help me if needed," she says rubbing her womb

"Lovely,I'll tell my mother later. I hope it's a boy though! A mini Jason Ryan, I think I'd name him Jason Ryan Junior." I say with a smile

"No! That's not even a nice name. Maybe jaxon! Sounds much better than a junior," she kisses my cheek.