Chapter 13: Family Dinner Time

The next evening Chris called me when his plane landed in Dallas, where his next show was.

"So, your birthday is in 2 weeks, and I was hoping to fly you to Murfreesboro to meet my family, and so I can spoil you for your birthday," Chris said that night.

"Uh yea, I'd love to. I get Jake next weekend for Mother's Day, so he would be with his dad that weekend," I said, already feeling anxious about meeting his family.

"Great!"

Two weeks later, I boarded the plane to headed for Nashville. Chris was supposed to pick me up and take me to his house.

My flight arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule, and I texted Chris to let him know.

C: Already here waiting, sweetheart.

I smiled and put my phone in my bag and searched for my luggage. From the corner of my eye, I saw a tall figure walking towards me. I turned to find Chris wearing jeans and a light blue v-neckt-shirt. He smiled and grabbed me by the waist, he lifted me so my face was level with his and kissed me. I wrapped my legs around his waist to steady myself.

After finding my suitcase, Chris walked me to his pickup, an older remodeled truck. He put my bag in the back and opened the door for me. I climbed in and waited for him to get in on the other side. I realized that this was the first time I'd been in the vehicle with him driving.

"Come here, sweet girl," he patted the seat next to him, and I slid over. He draped his arm around me and said, "I've dreamed of the day I had a beautiful woman sitting next to me in my truck." He winked at me and flipped his blinker on to change lanes. "Are you ready to be spoiled? Be prepared to be pampered, you deserve it," Chris said squeezing my shoulder.

"Sounds wonderful."

"I have to tell you that I was scheduled for a radio interview tomorrow at noon. I'm so sorry. I tried to get out of it. But, my mom is going to come and take you to lunch. I should be home by 3:00. Are you mad?" Chris asked nervously.

"No, of course not. What's the plan for tonight?"

"My parents invited us over for dinner. How does that sound?"

"Sure, do I have time to get ready?"

"We will have about two hours before we have to leave."

We pulled into Chris' driveway. I admired the large, one story beautiful red, brick house with pristine landscaping. We walked in the door and I was overwhelmed with the impressive foyer. It had an antique hall tree and mirror placed to the side with large, green plants on either side.

"Wow!" I said.

"Yeah, my mom and sister pretty much took over decorating."

He walked me through the living room with a large flat screen TV and black leather couches with a light blue area rug. We entered the master bedroom, and I set my things on the floor. Chris' king sized, platform bed was centered on the far wall with a black, pleated headboard. His comforter was neatly placed with the blue and gray stripes in perfect parallel lines.

Chris showed me his kitchen with gray, marble countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a large island with a glass stove top centered in the marble.

His home was elegant and classy; however, it was pretty simple considering the fact that he was a music artist. It shows that Chris doesn't revolve around material things.

He walked me through the guest bedroom with a daybed against the wall and his small guitar collection placed precisely in a corner. After he showed me the guest bathroom and laundry room, which I was completely jealous of, he walked me back to his bedroom so I could use the master bathroom.

I stepped into his bathroom and let out a small, audible gasp. He had beautiful granite counter tops with a "his and her" sink. He had a walk in shower lined with light blue, ceramic tile and a large rainshower shower head. Then, in the corner, was a large, jet-tub next to a gorgeous stained glass window.

I walked over the to the tub and ran my fingers along the side. "I'm imagining my weekly bubble bath in this thing."

Chris chuckled, walked over to the tub and turned on the water. He poured two cap fulls of lavender bubble bath soap. "Bought this just for you," he said leaning down and giving me a kiss. He reached out to grab the hem of my shirt. He pulled the shirt over my head, removed my bra, my jeans, and my panties. "Get in."

I did as a he said and watched as he switched on a button and heard music coming from a speaker on the wall.

Luke Bryan's "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" filled the room. Chris turned his back to me and began to shake his ass to the music. When he turned around, his shirt was unbuttoned, he was imitating Luke Bryan's infamous dance moves.

I laughed so hard and sunk to my chin in bubbles, trying not to get my hair wet. Chris marched over to me still shaking his hips. I reached out and unclasped his belt and his jeans.

"Uh uh uhh," Chris waved his index finger in the air at me, warning me to not touch him again. I giggled and watched him shake out of his pants. Chris kicked his left pant leg off, but when he went to kick off the right leg, he got tangled in the clothes lying on the floor. He kicked up his right leg and landed on his side with a thud. I gasped and stood to check on him. Chris began to double over in laughter and I fell back into the tub in my own fit of giggles. After wiping away tears from my cheeks, I sat forward and allowed Chris access to slid in behind me.

"Nice moves," I said, teasing.

"Thanks, I've been practicing all week," Chris snickered running his hands down my arm. "I'm so happy you're here, in my house. I promise to make this a weekend you'll never forget."

"Well, you're off to a good start," I said still thinking of the fall.

We got dressed and headed to Chris' parents house. My nerves began to creep into my chest as we pulled into the driveway. Chris' dad met us on the porch and gave Chris a firm handshake.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend, Kendra," Chris said looking down at me. "Kendra, my dad, Mike."

"Nice to meet you," I said giving him a small hug.

"Nice to meet you, too," he said looking at me. He turned to Chris and said, "I see what you mean, she is beautiful."

Chris looked at me and gave me a wink, then he took my hand to enter his parents' home. They, too, had a beautiful home with large, decorated tooms. We went to the kitchen where his mother was putting the finishing touches on dinner.

"Hi Bubba," she exclaimed, kissing Chris on the cheek. "You must be Kendra. I'm Becky."

After finishing the introductions, we sat down for dinner. Chris' parents were genuinely interested in my career. I was nervous about telling them I had been divorced, but they were supportive and loved asking questions about Jake.

I began to feel like I could easily fit into Chris' world. My heart surged with emotion when Chris grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed. I looked in his eyes, and he looked down and me with the most beautiful, dimpled smile, and I knew at that very moment that I was in love with Chris Young.