Chapter 26: Love Prevails

Chris grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd to the edge of the stage. He nodded to a security guard who motioned for me to follow him. When I turned back around, Chris was climbing back on stage. And I was walking through a door leading to backstage, Chris' voice stopped me where I stood.

"Sorry for the interruption, but that woman, she is my life. I was stupid, and I will spend the rest of my life making it up to her. She deserves the world, and I promise to do my best to give her just that."

My heart clenched in my chest as the crowd erupted into loud screams and whistles. All I wanted in that very moment was to grab his face and kiss him again.

"Miss, you coming?" the guard asked, snapping me out of my trance. 

"Yes, sorry," I said looking up at the small set of stairs.  After the short walk, I was led into a small room that I presumed as Chris' dressing room.  I turned back around to face the guard.  "Any chance I could watch the show from backstage?" I asked not wanting to be left alone. 

He nodded. "Let me get you a chair."

As I made my way to the side of the stage, Chris' voice become louder.  It felt good to hear his voice again.  I sat down in the chair the guard placed for me, and I watched as the man I loved sang his heart out to a crowd full of screaming fans.  From where I sat, I could see two young women in the front row. They were star struck and had tears streaming from their eyes. 

Seeing them, I could understand the struggles Chris faced when trying to meet someone.  I was still hurt and felt mistrusted, but at that moment, I forgave him. 

After Chris finished the song, the band started playing "Who I Am With You." Chris walked over to place his microphone back in the holder and glanced over to the side of the stage where I sat.  When he realized I was sitting there, he smiled a big, beautiful smile with deep dimples showing.  My heart swelled, and I waved shyly back to him.  For the remainder of the concert, Chris snuck glances and smiles in my direction.

Thirty minutes later, the concert was over.  Chris made his way to me off stage.  He had sweat pouring down his forehead and his shirt was damp.  He bent down to kiss me and smiled as he heard the roar of the crowd begging for an encore.  "I'll be back," he whispered in my ear, smiled, and ran back out to the stage.

Chris looked amazing, happy, and in his element as he performed the final two songs of the night.  As we walked, hand-in-hand, back to his dressing room, Chris kept squeezing my hand and pulling me in for a kiss.  In the dressing room, I sat in a chair as Chris changed his shirt.  I couldn't pry my eyes away from Chris as I watched him remove the damp shirt and toss it to a chair.  He looked at me and smiled.  I missed that smile and being in his presence, but I really missed his hands and lips over my body.  The thought made me blush, and I hoped Chris couldn't tell.  I heard a deep chuckle, and I looked up to see Chris staring at me with intense, lust-filled eyes. There was no fooling him.

We walked from his dressing room and ran into the guys from the band.  "Kendra! Hi, sweetheart!" They said as they each gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "We were coming to check to see if you guys wanted to go out with us tonight, but from the look on Chris' face, I can see he has other plans." I blushed again as chuckles spread across the group. "We're glad you're here Kendra, Chris has been one moody bastard these last couple of months."  I looked to Chris to see him giving his bandmate the death glare.

A cab dropped us off at my hotel, and Chris walked me to my room. "Thank you so much for coming, Kendra. You have no idea how much it means to me.  Will I see you tomorrow?" 

I gave him a confused look and finally realized he was trying to be a gentleman. "I'm hoping to see  you tomorrow, the next day, and the next day.  But what I'm really hoping for, is to see you tonight," I said as I opened the door to allow him in.