Chapter 17: Oh No!

I went home the next day and called my dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day. Jake arrived home around 7:00 as he spent much of the day with James to celebrate.

For the next two weeks, Chris was extremely busy with work, and Jake and I were enjoying the summer and went to the pool a couple of times. I was supposed to drive to St. Louis to see Chris on Friday night for his show on Saturday.

Jake went to stay with his dad, and I arrived into St. Louis late Friday night. Chris met me in the lobby of the hotel and scooped me up to a big hug. He grabbed my face and kissed me tenderly. Then, he carried me to the elevator and pushed the button for the third floor. "Hi, sweet girl," he said finally, putting me on my feet.

Once we entered his room, Chris went back down to grab my bags from my car, and I started a shower. I was getting ready to rinse the conditioner from my hair when Chris stepped in the shower beside me.

He gave me a sultry half smile as he grazed his eyes over my body. He moved closer and began to kiss me passionately. His tongue explored my mouth and tangled sweetly with mine. He caressed my breasts with one hand as he used the other to pull me into him.

I ran my hands through his hair to deepen the kiss. Chris trailed his hand down my body and stopped between my thighs. He then slipped two fingers into me, and I moaned softly. I reached down to stroke his length using the warm water as lubricant. Chris closed his eyes to the sensation.

He removed his fingers from me and used his arm to steady himself on the wall of the shower. He wrapped his left arm around me and lifted so my back was braced against the wall, and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He leaned in and kissed me with one hand on my ass and one beside my head on the wall. He entered me with a thrust, and I arched my back slightly to the movement.

"Oh God, you're so tight," Chris whispered. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his neck as he picked up rhythm. I moaned lightly between kisses.

Chris slid his length out and back in with a strong thrust, sending me over the edge. I climaxed with uncontrollable shaking and a loud groan. Witnessing what he just did to me made Chris come with a moan. I felt the powerful pulsing inside me as he released.

When we caught our breath, Chris set me back down on the floor of the tub. We washed each other, climbed out of the shower, and got dressed. We crawled into bed, and I snuggled up to Chris as he placed his around my shoulders.

"I've missed you so much," he said tenderly. "I hate that I am away from you for so long. You mean so much to me. Every song I sing makes me think of you."

I blushed, thankful he couldn't see my face change color in the dark. "I've missed you too. Jake keeps asking when you will come over again."

"He really is a great kid."

I smiled up at him and closed my eyes. I fell into a wonderful, deep slumber.

The next morning, I crawled out bed to the sound of Chris brushing his teeth at the sink. I rummaged through my suitcase and got dressed for the day. Chris came out of the bathroom and kissed me sweetly.

I was putting on my jeans when I started feeling dizzy and a little nauseous. I sat on the bed to finish dressing.

"You okay?" Chris asked.

"I'm not really feeling that great." As soon as I said the words, I felt the need to get sick. I ran to the bathroom and heaved in the toilet.

When I came out, Chris had a look of genuine concern on his face.

"I must still be fighting that bacterial infection. The doctor said I could feel sick for some time afterwards," I said, convincing both of us.

I felt better as I finished getting ready. So, we went out for lunch and sound check.

That night, I watched offstage as Chris sang beautifully and smiled as he frequently peeked over at me.

We said goodbye the next morning, and I hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. I hated saying goodbye, and it got harder the deeper in love I was.

I was planning to go the following weekend to Murfreesboro and spend the 4th of July with his family. Jake was spending it with James' parents, and I hated spending holidays alone. My family usually spends it together, but this year, my parents were going on vacation.

On both Monday and Tuesday, I got sick mutiple times throughout the day. On Wednesday, I called Mandy to talk. I briefly mentioned feeling sick and my symptoms.

"You're not pregnant are you?" she asked accusingly.

"God, no! I'm on birth control."

"Yea, well when was your last period?"

I thought for a minute. "Oh shit. Hold on." I pulled up my calendar and began to get really nervous as the days kept increasing. "Oh my God, Mandy! I'm almost a week late! Holy shit. What am I going to do?" I said with tears welling.

"First of all, calm down. You don't know for sure."

I was already putting a bra on when I said, "I have to know now. Jake will be home in a couple of hours from his friend's house. I'm going to WalMart. I call you soon." I hung up the phone, slipped on some flip flops and walked out the door.

Home pregnancy tests are so embarrassing to buy. It was embarrassing in college when James and I slipped up, embarrassing when we were married and Jake came along, and now it's embarrassing at 30 years old.

I walked in the door to my house and called Mandy back.

"Okay, I got it. I'm going to do it now."

"Geez, that was fast," Mandy said.

I unwrapped the sticks to two different brands of tests, just to be sure.

I peed into a plastic cup and stuck two tests in. "Oh my God Mandy! I'm so nervous, Chris will kill me. He doesn't want kids right now."

Two minutes later, my hands shook as I pulled the sticks out of the cup.

"Oh fuck!" I groaned into the phone as I peered at two positive tests.