Chapter 14: Birthday Girl

The next morning, I woke to a beautiful red rose lying on Chris' pillow. Beside the rose was a note scrawled with Chris' script that said:

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Please stay in bed and I will be in soon to give you your birthday kiss.

♡ Chris

I ran to the bathroom really fast and crawled back under the covers. I laid my head on Chris' pillow and inhaled. It smelled like him. I had my eyes closed, reveling in the scent when Chris clicked open the door. He carried a tray with a vase holding another red rose, a plate with a heart shaped pancake and some bacon, and a glass of orange juice. He smiled and set the tray in front of me on the bed.

"Happy Birthday beautiful! How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," I said, taking a bite of bacon.

"I'd say so by the way you were snoring,"

I almost choked on my food and looked at him, "I do not snore!'

"You did last night!" Chris said with a laugh.

"Oh God!" I said putting my head in my hands.

Chris chuckled and sat next to me on the bed. He was still in his shorts and t-shirt. "I find it cute," he said, moving my hair from my shoulder and kissing my collar bone lightly. I was wearing a silk nightgown with thin straps that exposed my neck and chest.

"Where is your breakfast?" I asked him.

"I already ate."

I cleared my plate and wiped my mouth with my napkin. Chris removed the tray and came back over to the bed. He closed the blinds to the room to darken it slightly and turned on some slow, relaxing music on his phone.

"Turn over," Chris hands directed my body so I was lying on my stomach. He moved my hair to the side and slid my nightgown up my back. I immediately started feeling self-conscious about my back being exposed. Thankfully I was wearing a sexy pair of red lace panties.

"You're stunning," Chris said as he trailed a finger down my back and lightly cupped my right ass cheek in his hand. I heard the clicking of a bottle opening, and soon Chris was rubbing smooth lotion across my back.

I closed my eyes and groaned. Chris straddled my legs and began to effortlessly knead my back. He moved in rhythmic strokes that felt heavenly. Once he finished, he pulled my nightgown down, and I curled up to his chest. We both fell back asleep for an hour when Chris' alarm went off.

Chris got up quietly and got in the shower. I thought about sneaking in, but I was so relaxed, I couldn't pry myself from his bed.

I watched him dress himself in jeans and a black button down and roll the sleeves. He began humming lightly while he was combing his hair, and I thought it might be the sweetest sound I had ever heard. I am definitely in love with this man.

Eventually, I crawled out of bed and showered. I put a low, loose french braid in my hair and draped it over my shoulder with some strands of hair framing my face. Chris came back in to tell me he had to go and apologized again. His mom was supposed to come get me in 30 minutes.

"Can you lock the door on the way out? My mom has a key. But, I should be here when you get back."

"You got it!"

"Thanks for being understanding," Chris said wrapping me in a hug and kissing me sweetly. "Get ready for a special day."

After Chris left, I put on my makeup and checked my birthday text messages from friends and family. Chris' mom, Becky, was prompt and knocked on the door.