Chapter 19: Big News

I arrived at the airport around 8:30, and I saw Chris standing at the gate. I walked to him with a smile as he reached out for me. He hugged me tightly and then kissed me softly.

"Hi, sweet girl. I missed you."

"Hey," I said looking into his brown eyes. I quickly felt a pang of guilt in my stomach and looked away. He grabbed my hand and led me out to his truck.

Once we got to his house, Chris took my bag to the bedroom. He led me into the dining room. The room was lit with candles with red roses on the table. I gasped and looked at him. He gave me his famous half smile, and I hugged him. He pulled out my chair for me and sat on the other side of the table.

Once we were seated, his niece Rebecca came in wearing a pink dress and a towel over her arm. She was carrying a pitcher of water and filled our glasses, spilling a little as she did. Then, Dot and Becky came out to serve us an amazing Italian meal of spaghetti, salad, and bread. After they served our plates, I heard the door closing with a soft click as they left the house.

"Chris, this is amazing," I said gesturing to the table and dining room.

"I had a little help," he said with a wink.

I laughed and smiled at him.

After dinner, Chris walked me to the living room and put on some slow jams. He turned up the music and led me to his bedroom.

"Chris..." I started.

He put his finger to my mouth and replaced it with a kiss. I couldn't resist the man I loved and caved and kissed him back.

He reached behind me and unclasped my hair and then lifted my shirt over my head. I looked him in the eye as I unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it back off his shoulders. I ran my hand down his torso and unzipped his jeans. I could see and feel how much he desired me by the size of the bulge emerging from his boxers. He stepped out of his shoes, and I helped him removed his boxers.

He walked over to me and lifted me up. He gently placed me at the head of the bed with the music playing softly in the background. He trailed kisses down my stomach and removed my pants. He sucked in a breath when he grazed his eyes across my body.

"You are so sexy," he said, running his hand up my thigh and removing my panties. He then began at my ankles and placed soft kisses up my leg, pausing briefly at my inner thigh and allowing his hot breath heat my insides.

Chris made his way up to my breasts and removed my bra. He looked up at me and smiled then bent his head down to suck on my nipple and caress my breast. I arched my back and moaned sensuously.

Chris took that as his cue that I was ready and entered me slowly. He let out a breath as he picked up speed. I ran my fingers through his waves as he kissed my neck. He placed his elbows on either side of my head and slowed his pace to a stop. He looked at me sweetly.

"I am so in love with you, sweet girl."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "I love you too."

He kissed me then and picked up pace. We came together in a beautiful explosion of love and pleasure.

When we pulled apart, we got dressed and went to the living room to watch a movie. I grabbed the ultrasound picture and stuck it in my pocket.

Before the movie started, I pressed "pause" on the remote.

"Chris, I have to tell you something," I said looking at my hands.

He turned towards me and said, "Okay, shoot."

I pulled the picture from my pocket and handed it to him with shaking hands. He took the picture and stared at it.

I watched his expression go from confused to surprised once recognition succumbed him. He ran his hands down his face, got up, and started pacing the floor.

"Chris, please say something."

"You know what, Kendra?" Chris said with a particularly harsh tone that I've never heard before. "You told me that you were on birth control. So, you lied to me? And for what? To trap me? To trap me into being with you because I have money?" His stare burned a hole into my heart.

My head jolted up, and I glared at him. "I was on birth control. I don't need your money, Chris. I have a doctorate degree and a job! I love you, and I thought you knew me better than that," I screamed at him.

"Well, I guess I don't. You did this on purpose, and I fell for it. People warned me about women like you, and I didn't listen. You know what? Jokes on you! Get the fuck out of my house!" he screamed.

I looked at him, stunned. His words cut so deep. My heart raced as I watched him continue to pace the floor and running his hands through his hair. "Get the fuck out!" he yelled again pointing to the door.

I gathered my bag from his bedroom and walked to the door. Before I walked out, I turned back to him with rage pouring through my veins. Through gritted teeth I said, "I did not do this on purpose. It's fine, we don't need you. We won't ruin your life, Chris. You don't have to worry about me contacting you." I wanted to hurt him. I wanted it to sting so he knew how much pain I was in, so I said the worst possible thing. "Now, I know exactly how your mom felt when your biological father left you guys. Like father, like son. Take care, asshole."

I slammed the door behind me and began walking down the street. I finally allowed myself to cry because I wasn't about to cry in front of Chris. Tears streamed down my face, and my vision blurred. I wiped my eyes and cheeks and sat on a corner bench as I called a cab.

While, I was waiting for the cab, I called the airport to change my flight. The earliest flight home was at 8:00 the next morning. I needed a place to stay. The cab pulled up, and I directed him to take me to the hotel nearest the airport.

I felt like I was in a dream as I walked into the hotel lobby. I gave the attendant specific instructions to not let anyone know I was here. Then, I went to my room and searched my bag for the ultrasound picture. I realized I left it in the rush to leave Chris' house. I crawled on the bed and cried myself to sleep.