Frigga Prepares To Leave

Chapter 17

Frigga leaves Willow's room and goes to see Odin. Odin was in his throne room talking with his advisors. When they saw the queen coming, they all stopped talking and bowed before her. Odin sees his wife walking towards him and dismisses his royal advisors. Odin said, "My queen, you look upset. What's wrong?" Frigga answered Odin, "My king, I just left Willow's room and she is upset because she and Loki can't be together." Odin asked, "Did you tell her of the way that we could help her?" Frigga answered, "Yes, I did but I don't want to go that way. Especially since I found out that there might be another way for her to get permission to be with Loki." Odin said, "I thought you told me that Willow's parents were dead and only they could give her that permission." Frigga answered, "They are dead but there is someone else who might be able to give her that permission." Odin asked, "Who is that my queen?" Frigga answered, "The witch who saved her from being killed on that horrible day, Queen Damaris, the queen of the witches. Odin asks, "Isn't that the queen who didn't approve of our marriage, but you went ahead and married me anyway?" Frigga answered, "Yes, it is but I have a feeling if I go to her and talk to her about Willow then she might change her mind." Odin's eye got big and exclaimed, "What! You really expect me to allow you to go into the woods alone with those vampires still out there. I'm sorry my queen but I can't allow you to do that. It's much too dangerous." Frigga held up her chin and said, "I wasn't asking for your permission, Odin. I was telling you what I'm going to do." Odin gets upset and replies, "Absolutely not! I forbid it!" Frigga gets mad and replies, "I don't care what you say Odin. I WILL go to Queen Damaris' castle and talk to her." Odin said, "But my queen, you might be hurt and I'm sure that Willow and Loki would not want you to be hurt." Frigga replied, "I won't be hurt, Odin or have you forgotten that I'm a powerful sorceress myself and perfectly capable of taking care of myself." Odin doesn't say a word, he just looks at his wife in disbelief. He knew that he had been beaten. Frigga turned around and left the throne room and all Odin could do was watch her leave.

Frigga goes to the royal stables and tells the caretaker to saddle her horse. The caretaker asks Frigga, "Shall I saddle the All Father's horse as well, my queen?" Frigga looks at the caretaker and replies, "No, I'm going by myself." The caretaker asks, "Without the royal guards, my queen?" Frigga answers, "Yes, that is correct. Now saddle my horse at once." So, the caretaker bowed before the queen and did as he was told. Once Frigga's horse was saddled, she mounted the horse and headed for the palace gates. Frigga tells the guard, who was guarding the gate, to let her out. The guard questioned the queen about her leaving the safety of the palace. The guard said, "My queen, where are you going without a royal escort or the All Father?" Frigga replies, "I'm going for a ride. Now open the gate, guard." The guard did as he was ordered and opened the gate and let Frigga out. Frigga headed for the forest and Queen Damaris' castle.