𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐿𝐼𝑋

~Falling Fast~

~Falling Fast~

January 1476, Windsor Catstle....

"Pregnant?" Edward exclaimed, looking at Constance as she stood before him in his chambers, beaming, one hand placed on her stomach "You are with child?"
"It seems God is happy that we are as one again!" She giggled "He has blessed us and I pray he gives us a Prince!"

"I suppose it was only a matter of time!" Edward laughed, pulling her into his arms, kissing her hair "With amount of times we've bedded one another over the Christmas season, I would be shocked if you had not fallen with child!" Wrapping her arms around his neck, she smiled into his doublet.

The Christmas season had been one of the happiest in her memory, surrounded by family and friends and her beautiful children. The girls adored their gifts and, as she'd hoped, they all wore them on Christmas Eve together, making a glorious spectacle for the court to gaze in awe at!

They were not the only ones that matched that night. Edward bought their son a cloth of gold doublet and bejewelled cap to match his own! All the Lords and Ladies said the young Prince was the finest boy that ever was seen, the very image of his mighty Father and Neddy was certainly pleased!

On New Year's Day, mass was held and afterwards, the royal family stayed in the chapel to say a special prayer and light candles for Anne. After they took a meal in the King's chambers and remembered her in happiness instead of grief. It was the first time any had seen Richard smile properly again.

Soon after, Anne of York went into confinement and the Queen with her remaining Ladies prayed each day for her health and safe delivery of the baby. Anne was still sure it would be a girl.

"Do you need to rest?" Edward asked, leading her over to his bed and gently sitting her down "Do you have any cravings? Should I send for oranges? Are you sick at all? Do you need a physician?"

"I am well" She assured him as he sat by her, slipping an arm around her waist "I am more than well, Ned, I am happy! I am going to give you another child!"
"Another Prince or Princess!"
She chuckled.
"I hope it is the former!"
"We will love them no matter what!" He replied "We always have and we always will. Does Marie know?"

"Not yet!" She laughed "though my ladies know, they always know!" Leaning her head against Edward's shoulder, she sighed "It is strange to think that in the next ten years or so, she will likely have children of her own....and we won't see them" Edward frowned.
"Why ever not, sweetheart?"

"Because she will be away from me!" Constance complained "far away across the sea!"
"Margaret and Mary came from Burgundy" He pointed out "Your brother has travelled the known world! There is no reason why she may not come back!"
"What if her husband doesn't allow it?"
"Then we will go to her! You only ever have to say the word and I shall fetch or we will go to our children. You are an enigma amongst most Queens on that score but it only makes me love you more"