chapter twenty one: going back home

Vivian's pov:

I hesitantly walked into the court house with the boys, when we walked into the court room, I saw my parents, Carrie, collin, and a Judge in the room.

There was also a few people in the stands, I'm guessing, for witnesses.

What the hell is going on?

"Carrie?" I question as I look at her, her beautiful dark eyes meet mine and she smiles brightly. She was happy to see me in the same room as her.

She winked at me, and looked back at the judge.

"So, you, Carrie andrews, want custody of miss summers?" He questioned, I gasped in suprise, as I looked at Carrie and then collin.

Collin's eyes meet mine and he winks at me. I could feel my heart beating rapidly, and not because of collin, but because Carrie wanted custody of me. Knowing my parents, they'd make sure that wouldn't happen.

Which made me frown in disappointment, I didn't want to get my hopes up.

My parents glared at carrie, as she nodded and responded.

"Yes, I do, the household she lives in with her parents, is not only threatening, it's dangerous. I've been told everything from Vivian, and from what I've heard, and from what I've seen when they arrived to take her back, they acted cruel, and insulted me. they do not deserve custody for her"

"I understand that, Mrs andrews, but, I was told you kept miss summers with you for a few weeks, and even though it was for her protection, it is against the law to keep a minor from her home"

"Yes, I understand that I shouldn't have kept her with me, but that poor girl was terrified to go back, she begged me to let her stay, I feel that if I denied, she would have run away again"

"thank you mrs andrews, Mr and Mrs summers, is there anything you would like to add to this case?"

My mom responded, with a mad look in her eyes, that she, indeed, tried to hide.

"We love her, we take care of her, yes, we did have our share of fights with her, but every family does. I do not see as to why that's a threat"

"I'd like to ask Vivian up here, to explain the situation. Vivian?" The judge replied, looking right at me. I gulped, and looked at Collin and Carrie, them both giving me encouraging smiles, just like I needed.

I walked up, and stood right next to my new family.

"Miss summers, can you explain to me how it is at home?"

"Exactly how Mrs andrews explained it, threatening, terrifying, I'm too scared to even leave my room in that place. not only are my parents controlling, they are mentally abusive. when I lived with Mrs andrews for a few weeks, I felt not only happy, but blessed. I made new friends, met the love of my life, and had a new mother figure. She took care of me, got me into a new school, put clothes on my back, loved me, put me in a bed, Everything was great, but then my parents showed up, and I was back to a house where i had depression again and felt so unhappy and trapped."

"I see, from everything I've heard so far about the case, i'm sorry Mr and Mrs summers, I do grant custody of vivian to Mrs andrews" he replied, and left the room.

I gasped in not only shock, but happiness, I looked at my new family that was next to me, and I hugged Carrie tightly. I jumped up and down excitedly, as I let go of her. I then looked at Collin, and smiled brightly. I'd be back with him now, we'd no longer be apart. I jumped into his arms and he lifted me up and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my legs tightly around him, Neither of us wanting to let go of each other.

We all started to cry happy tears. I looked at the boys, who were sitting in the back of the room, smiling brightly at us three. Collin put me down, and kissed me long, and sweet. I looked at my parents, as I seen them looking down disappointedly. They walked over, regret in their eyes.

"We are very deeply sorry, for what we did to you sweetheart, you can live with Mrs andrews, you are safe with her anyways. Just know, that we do love you, we've just never showed it. Hopefully, one day, you will forgive us" my mother spoke.

"Maybe someday, but for now, it's hard" I replied. I looked at Carrie and smiled.

"Let's go home, mom" I spoke, she gasped in happiness as she heard me call her that. She hugged me tightly, and nodded her head.

"Yes, let's go, sweetheart" she told Me. I nodded as a goodbye to my parents, and walked out of the courtroom with my new family.

To say I was relieved, is an understatement. I was happy, so happy.

I could finally have what I've always wanted, a real family. And with Carrie, and everyone else, I knew I was going to have it for the rest of my life.

As we got into the car, I swore I seen my grandma staring right at me with a smile, as a car drove past her, she disappeared. I didn't know if she was real, but what I did know, was that grandma would be so happy for me. And proud of collin and carrie.

We then left the courthouse, with the boys following behind us, me and collin sat in the back of the car, cuddling and talking. Carrie turned on Happy music, and I found myself laughing, dancing, and happily crying all at the same time.

Collin wiped my tears away and gave me a small, yet loving kiss.

This was the best day of my life.

When we got home, a bunch of snow was still around from Christmas, and me and the boys all jumped out of our vehicles excitedly and started to play in the snow.

A bunch of snowballs were thrown, specifically, at me. But, all of a sudden, I couldn't find collin. I looked around confused, and before i knew it, I was picked up, and I screamed scared. I knew he was holding me, I just knew it was him. "Baby no!" I pleaded, but he didn't listen and threw me into the snow. I giggled as I landed. He then jumped into the snow right next to me, and his arms wrapped protectively around me.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" The boys chanted. Dejan vu? Definitely. But this time, Collin's lips found mine and we kissed for what felt like eternity.

We heard cheers coming from all of them, but then, jacob, decided to shout.

"YES! Kiss her like you guys are gonna fu-" Jacob tried to speak, but asher hit him in the back of the head.

"Don't ruin their moment you dirty minded pig!"

"I'm the pig?!"

"Yes!"

"You are the one who ate like six ice cream cones at McDonald's yesterday!"

"Oh, shut up, will ya?" He shouted back.

Me and collin pulled away from our kiss to laugh at the two idiots.

Collin's eyes locked with mine and I smiled shyly. I felt so vulnerable when I looked into his eyes, yet, I felt so happy.

This, this right here, is all I want. This life is all I want, and have ever wanted.

Life is great.

End of chapter.