chapter twenty two: date night, and prom

Vivian's pov:

It's been a few days since Carrie got custody of me, and Me and collin found ourselves sneaking away from Carrie and the boys. For a date, of course. We got into his car and drove to a nice restaurant. As we parked, collin turned off the car, got out, and opened my car door. He then grabbed my hand softly, kissed it, and pulled me out of the car shutting the door behind us.

As we walked inside, I seen one of the waitresses that looked very familiar. It was the whore that put her hands on collin.

As she noticed us, she smiled kindly at us and walked over to us as we sat down at a table.

"What can I get you today?" She asked politely with a smile on her face.

for some reason, the smile on her face looked genuine. I smiled back kindly and looked at Collin with hopeful eyes.

I'm not good with ordering food, okay?

"Uh, we will both have the cheeseburgers and fries, with a chocolate milkshake to share" he ordered.

A couple sharing a milkshake, sounds like something out of a book.

It's cute.

"I'll get that for you, is there anything you'd like to drink?" She responded.

"Water is fine, thank you" I spoke softly. She smiled at me and walked away.

She seems genuinely mature now, I think she's changed.

I hope it's true and she isn't just playing a trick on us, while she's at work. People do that, alot.

After we ate, she came back over with a smile on her face and placed the check next to me as she grabbed our plates and things.

After getting everything, she walked away and I looked at Collin with a smile on my face.

"Matty, thanks for everything you've ever done for me, and tonight has been.. amazing" I spoke, he really is amazing.

I still can't get over how him and Carrie took me In, now I never have to go back, it warms my heart knowing that I actually have people who care about me, it's a great feeling.

"Of course, angel. I want you safe, always. You are the most important thing in my life"

I blushed, and smiled as I looked at him.

How did I get so lucky?

Fate, that's how.

As we walked back to the car, he opened my door and I got in. He buckled me up, kissed my head, and went over to the driver's seat.

I'd never get over this, these are the best moments.

I thought we were going back home, but collin turned in a different direction, leaving me confused.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

He turned to me for a split second with the biggest grin on his face.

"You'll see" he told me as he looked back at the road.

Twenty minutes later, he parked and covered my eyes with a blindfold leaving me confused.

What is he doing?

He came over to my side, opened the door, and picked me up bridal style.

After a few moments, he sat me down on what felt to be sand, and took off my blindfold.

I gasped in amazement as i seen a bunch of roses, and candles, around us, in the sand.

The moon lit up the water, and collin was holding a cardboard with a bunch of flowers, and glitter on it, that Said;