chapter three: welcome to the family

Vivian pov:

I sat on the couch, staring ahead worriedly. Chewing on my nails, and shaking my leg up and down. That's it, I'm so dead they are going to kill me.

Maybe if I run away again she won't be able to.... no, no! Why am i thinking that way? Carrie is amazing! And such a nice person, I won't do that to her! Not after all she's done. Especially for me.

I was awoken from my thoughts when collin entered the house I looked at him and smirked.

"Hey asshole" he just glared at me. Like he always does.

"Listen, I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot okay? I want to start over." I said to him hoping for a good reaction.

He raised his brow at me and smirked.

"Not gonna happen Vivian. You already crossed the line with me." He responded back.

Oh, this asshole.

"Dude, what the hell, I apologized why can't you just forgive me? Stop being such a dick" I said back, now irritated.

Boys really do want to piss us off.

He came closer to me and pinned me against the wall.

HOT

"Don't fucking call me that" he said as his eyes turned dark.

"Then don't make me have to" this bitch really be thinking I can't curse his ass out-

Totally can.

"You are crossing the line princess might want to stop before it's too late." Oh please, he thinks his threats are getting him somewhere.

Newsflash.

They aren't.

"Fuck off. Collin." I glared back at him. I loved saying his name for some reason.

"You are so lucky you are a girl." He says to me.

Why is that? I wonder. 

"Why? Cause if I wasn't, you'd beat me? Go ahead. I'll come right back and beat your ass way worse." I told him.

Where the fuck did this confidence come from?!

For a second I thought I seen him smile... but then he went back to glaring at me.

"Collin, just shut up, and leave me alone. You stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours. deal?" I ask him. He better take the deal.

"Deal." He shakes me hand and leans off the wall.

"Thank you, I was suffocating." I tell him, while walking over to the couch, where I felt most comfortable.

"Most girls like being in that position." I didn't even have to look at him to tell that he had a smirk on his face.

My face scrunches in disgust.

Fuck boy vibes.

"Yeah? Well not me" total lie. Totally me.

"I doubt that." And I doubt your brain since it seems like you barely use it.

"Just change the damn subject." I grumble.

"Oooh feisty girl." He winks at me.

"Oooh fuck boy" I wink back. He frowns immediately for a few seconds, before smirking at me.

"Bet you'd want to be."

Huh?

"Be what? Collin." I'm so annoyed of this boy. Yet I dont want him to leave the room-

"Fucked by me."

Pfft. He wishes.

I burst out laughing and he looks at me confused.

"What's so funny?" He asks. I take a deep breath from laughing before I answer.

"You thinking I want to be one of your little whores." And here comes the tears again. I roll onto the floor laughing my ass off.

"I don't treat girls that way." I heard him mumble. Do I believe him? No. Ha! I just met him, why would I believe him?

Yet... there is this feeling telling me that he's telling the truth. But! Let's forget about that and act like it doesn't exist.

I finally calm down and wipe my tears away. I've never laughed so hard... and that surprises me..

honestly, I haven't really laughed in years.

Not since my grandma died. You see, my grandma was the only one I wanted to be around. Because, unlike my parents, she was kind, and sweet, we could talk about anything and everything together. She was awesome, and I always looked forward to spending time with her. But.... she died when I was thirteen and there went my happiness.

"Vivian." I hear carrie call my name. I look to my right and see her coming down the stairs.

"Are you ready for me to take you home?" No, no, no, no. This can't be happening.

Before I know I knew it, I burst into tears. I hear carrie lean down beside me and Hear colin sit on the couch.

"No, no, love, what's wrong? What did I say? Why are you upset sweetheart?" She's so kind..

its going to kill me to leave.

She reminds me of my grandma.

"Don't take me back, I can't go back there, Please carrie. I can't go back." I plead and look at her.

"Okay, okay, I won't take you back love. But tell me, why can't i?" She asked with a sincere look on her face. God if I ever go back it's going to kill me.

"Because my parents are horrible, and cruel, and toxic, and everyone I know, they are just horrible people." I explain.

"Tell me more." She tells me. I seen Collin with a brow raised. I'm guessing he might have been interested in the story I was telling.

So I did, I explained everything from my childhood, leading up to this morning when i left. Carrie was shocked, and collin just had a blank look on his face.

It's like he doesn't even care.

Dick.

So, after explaining, she hugged me really tightly and said the words I had been waiting to hear.

"It's okay, vivian. you are safe now, I won't take you back, you can stay with me." She smiled at me. I smiled back, my smile so big, it felt like my cheeks were going to bleed from how much they hurt. But the happiness ended before it could barely even start.

"What? Mom, hell no, We barely know this girl and you are taking her in?" I heard the asshole ask.

If only I could get rid of him... me and carrie could be a happy family.

I'm just kidding! God you guys thought I was serious? Gullible people. i was joking!

Or was i?

"Yes collin! I am. This girl has been through so much pain her whole life, I'm surprised she's still finding ways to be happy. I'd be too numb to even think. She's a strong girl, and I'm proud of her. and I'm also proud to invite her into my home." Carrie said while smiling at me.

"Welcome to the family love."

I hug her so tightly. I can't believe this is happening.

I hear a sigh and I know its collin.

"Alright, she can stay." I look at him and give him a grateful smile. He smiles back a little for a split second, but goes back to his resting bitch face.

Yeah vivian... welcome to the family.