Chapter 6

Hajime P.O.V.

I woke up, yawning and stretching like I did every morning. I did my usual wake up routine. I had done the first three steps already... the 4th was to remember what happened the day before. That's right... I... I bolted into a sitting position. Yesterday...tell me that was a dream...

I put all of my thoughts together in order, from memories, to ideas, to random things that popped into my mind. Think-think-think-think-think.

Right... We were whisked away on this killing school trip...and last night I stayed up talking to Nagito... Dammit. I thought. It wasn't a dream.

I got out of bed and reached for the doorknob on the door leading outside. Maybe I should go get some breakfast... Maybe I'll even find some orange juice...

I left my cottage and made my way to the hotel restaurant in hopes to find my favorite drink. I wasn't really looking at where I was going, since I was mostly staring at the ground. Probably wasn't the best idea.

SMACK.

I had ran into something rather forcefully due to my speed-walking pace. I stumbled back a bit, confusion washing over my like an ocean's waves. If it wasn't for the thing I had ran into turning around, I don't think I would've realized the situation lied down before me.

It was Nagito. I had ran into him.

"Oh! Hinata! Funny bumping into you here!" he said with a funny-looking smile. The boy had no idea how literate his words were.

"S-Sorry-! I didn't mean to..." I looked away as if I was too embarrassed for words.

"No, no, it's fine! I should've been more aware of my surroundings!" He said, putting one hand behind his head and the other in front of him, waving like crazy.

This dude blamed a lot on himself... It obviously wasn't his fault, it was mine. It was almost annoying.

"Are you headed to the hotel, too, Hinata?"

I looked up at him again. "Hm? Oh, yeah, I am. Wanna come with?"

"U-Uh...Sure!" He said, his smile growing even more crooked. It made him smile, too.

I retreated to his side and we both made our way to the restaurant.

* * *

I smiled as I took a long, satisfying swig of OJ and finished the glass. I hadn't had it in so long... 2 days to be precise. I let out a satisfied sigh as I put the cup down.

Nagito looked at me, smirking. "You seem to really enjoy orange juice." He observed.

"Who doesn't like orange juice? It's the best frickin' drink on the planet." I said.

"Oh... Okay, Orange Boy."

"I AM NOT AN ORANGE BOY!" I partly yelled.

"Ah, my sincerest apologies, OJime." He bowed his head a little.

"NOT ANY BETTER!"

Nagito chuckled.

* * *

When me and Nagito left for the restaurant an hour ago, we soon realized that everyone else had the same idea (except Fuyuhiko, who Peko apparently saw on her way here). Due to this, we made a promise to try our best to meet here each morning for breakfast and to eat together, mostly to settle our nerves.

Byakuya had also proposed an idea. At first, it seemed completely ridiculous, but after he explained, it made more sense.

"I say we have a party. Tonight. It'll be beneficial for all of us and will help settle our nerves. As your leader, I promise no harm will come to any of you while I am here. Byakuya had already taken the role as leader that morning, and everyone seemed to accept the fact, as if it were obvious.