Chapter 16

Nagito P.O.V.

I watched Hajime abruptly leave, closing the door behind him.

I blushed, somehow even harder still. Hinata-Kun... He fed me! I can't believe this... I feel like I'm in heaven~!

The bland taste of toast was still in my mouth, but the water Hajime had given me to drink had helped a little. I sighed, already missing him, with all of my heart.

Hajime was such... A kind person. Amazing! He actually went out of his way to do all of these things for me! First, he agreed to go look around the island with me, he ended up changing his mind about swimming after what I had said, and he never believed I was ever guilty, even a little after I had told him what happened, after I had showed him my true colors... He even... started crying after figuring out... It honestly made me wonder...

If someone actually cares about me.

I quickly shoved the thought away. No. No one has ever cared about you, and no one ever will. I'm sure he's just taking pity on you.

But still, I couldn't deny the lingering thought in my head, the one that had finally surfaced after the class trial.

I loved him. I loved him so much, and gosh was it a rush. I couldn't help drooling earlier. He was just... Just so... UGHHH HE'S SO HOTTT!!!

I almost squealed out loud, feeling strangely feminine. I couldn't stop grinning. I rolled around on the floor like a high school girl after seeing her crush.

But, I couldn't shake the thought from my head... That it didn't really matter. He would've never even come by unless he had to. And besides... What he said to me after the class trial...

"Shut the hell up. You've done enough already."

My rolling stopped as soon as I remembered what he had said to me.

That's right... He...

He hates you.

I closed my eyes, not wanting any tears to escape.

* * *

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say very big trigger warning coming up. You have been warned *spooky ghost noises*

Also, some of this is extra stuff that probably didn't all happen to Nagito, but whateva, gotta add some extra angst TvT

* * *

When I woke up, I found myself in an empty hallway. Bot walls were lined with lots of doors, all of the sort. Where was I? I stood up and walked over to the door on the right. It had a little picture frame on it, just like the others. This one was of... a dog. I looked closer at its features suddenly reminded me of something.

It was my dog. My dead dog.

I opened the door, revealing a gory scene. There she was, Sadie, bleeding to death.

I was taking her on a walk that day. My parents never let me walk her because she was a lot stronger than me, considering I was only 5. That day, though, they had let me, and I was so happy that I was probably way too carefree.

On our walk, Sadie eventually saw a squirrel, and she went ballistic. It caught me so off guard that I accidentally let go of the leash, and she went speeding towards it. Eventually, the squirrel ran across the road, and Sadie didn't bother stopping. Right at that time, a truck was moving through the intersection, and all I could do was watch in horror as the truck collided with Sadie's body, flinging her across the road.