Chapter 37

Hajime P.O.V.

It was the next day. I had done a lot of thinking the day prior about... Well... Him. Nagito Komaeda. I had come to a few conclusions because of it, and I think... it was well earned.

First of all, I found out why Nagito hated me. Because I was talentless. But that was an easy thing to find out. He had made it clear that he loved talented individuals, AKA, Ultimates. He hated the talentless, and believed that they were worthless, which is why he viewed himself so poorly. He didn't believe he had any real talent.

Second, for reasons unknown, he didn't care for the others, either. He was insulting them left and right now. Though, I still got the worst of it. I figured the secret to the reason why he was so rude to the others is hidden in the other book he had. It had to be.

Three. I... I still...

Cared about him. Sure, it hurt hearing him insult me 24/7, but I guess that just proves that I really liked him even more. And because of this, I wanted to see him again. I wanted... to prove to him that I'm still the same person that he was close to. I wanted him to know I cared about him, too. Something tells me... that that was something he needed to know. Whether or not he'd acknowledge it, I don't know. It remained to be unseen. After all, he really does... well... I'd rather not say that again. He just... strongly dislikes me.

Which, now, has led me to a new conclusion. I want to see him again. I wanna go through my plan to convince him of who I still was. He needed to know. I'll force the information into his mind if I had to.

And so, I'm currently making my way to his cottage now. It was before the Monokuma Announcement, so there was still a good chance he was asleep... But that meant everyone else was also asleep, and I wouldn't have to worry about them disturbing us. And maybe...If he's still sleepy, he won't be able to provide good arguments, and I could easily find ways to cut through his words.

I stopped in front of his cottage door. His blinds were closed, so I couldn't see if he was sleeping or not. I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. Come on. You thought about what to say. You stayed up way too long thinking about it. You can't bail now.

With a cautious manor, I checked to see if the door was locked. It wasn't. A pang of worry shot through my heart. Surely it's just because he forgot... And plus, you were hoping that it'd be unlocked so you could get in easier.

I then opened the door, and my eyes widened, becoming buggy eyed.

Blood. Blood. Blood.

It was everywhere. All over the floor.

"H-H..uh..?" Was the only thing I could say. My eyes scanned the room. W-Where is he-!?

My eyes then landed on a lump in the bed. I saw his white, fluffy hair peeking out from under the covers.

Please... Please tell me he's asleep..!

I rushed over to him. I watched to see if there was any movement, to see if he was still breathing.

Fortunately, I saw the rise and fall of his body. It was small and long, but he was still breathing nonetheless. I sighed, internally and externally. He's safe...

But then... where did all this blood come from..?

I began to look at Nagito a little closer, examining him. I didn't see anything unusual. But, I suppose I couldn't really see most of his body. Before I knew what I was doing, my hand began to reach out and clutch the blanket that was draped over him.

As I slowly pulled it off him, I felt my heart race, reaching rapid speeds.

Blood. More blood. How is he still alive from all of this!? Is it even his?!