Chapter 19

Hajime P.O.V.

WHAT THE FUUUCKKK!?

WHY THE HELL DID I JUST FUCKING DO THAAATT!?!

I was practically running back to my cottage, eager to get away without anyone noticing the red in my face.

Why did I get flustered as soon as he looked at me like that..? Why won't I stop blushing? Why do I keep seeing him everywhere I go? Why... WHY THE HELL DO I KEEP THINKING OF HIM..!?

I was so confused. What the hell is going on with me...

I arrived at my cottage and entered. I plopped down on the bed and let out a long sigh. Dammit...

I ended up finding myself under the covers in about three seconds, despite how warm I was.

Why did Komaeda keep doing that to me..? Pulling me in like that... Why the hell am I so drawn to him..?

I just wish none of this ever would've happened. I would be in this situation. No one would've died...

And I wouldn't have met him.

I rolled over and closed my eyes, hoping sleep would take me as soon as possible.

* * *

"Hinata-Kuuuun~!"

Huh?

"Hinata-Kun, where are youuuu?" The voice whined.

Who... is that..?

I opened my eyes, revealing... more darkness? There was nothing in the place I had awoken to. Nothing.

Then, there was a quick step, and he appeared in front of me.

"Hinata-Kun!! There you are!!" He pulled me into a hug. A... seemingly warm one.

"Wh-What the hell-?!"

"Awww, come on, don't be so flustered! You don't have to put your guard up around me! You can trust me!" Nagito said.

"N-No, I can't! Not after what you did..." I shook my head.

"But isn't that... Just what you want to believe?"

I woke with a start. "What the... So it was just a dream..?" I said out loud to no one.

What I... wanted to believe? No, no, no, it was obviously what I did believe. I know that for a fact. He's an untrustworthy backstabber that tried to kill someone... That's all he is... He's not my friend, He's no an acquaintance... He's not my-

My eyes widened. Why had I thought... that? I felt the word repeat in my mind, like it was trying to stay stuck.

Crush.