Chapter 26

Hajime P.O.V.

I woke with a start. What was that dream..?

I tried to sit up, but found that my whole body was pinned down. There was something on top of me. IT was really heavy, and it felt like I was being held in this completely uncomfortable cocoon... Not to mention it's unbearably hot...

My eyes shot wide open as I realized what was on top of me. I looked over to my right, and saw Mikan's face. She really feel asleep on me again?!

"Tsumiki! Damn it, not again!" I shouted.

Mikan startled awake, and she soon realized our position yet again. "U-U-UWAAAAAHHHH!!! HINATA I'M SO SORRRYYYYY!!"

"Geez... You really have it in for me, don't you?" I said, rubbing sleep from my eyes.

"I'm sorryyyyy..."

"So why are you here this time?" I stared at her. "Please say you have a reason for waking me up before the Monokuma Announcement..."

"A-Ah! Th-That's right-! Y-You see... Komaeda w-was asking for y-you..!" She stuttered.

Asking... for me? After what happened yesterday?

"W-Well... It wasn't direct... Because h-he has the l-lying disease of c-course... His e-exact word w-were "Don't get H-Hinata-Kun for me. I-I don't wanna s-see him"..."

Wait... That's right-! The lying disease! Then yesterday, he-!

I immidiately jumped out of bed, slipping on my socks and shoes as I made my way to the door. "I've gotta go then! See you, Tsumiki!" I then ran out the door, leaving her to her thoughts in my cottage.

* * *

When I arrived at the hospital, I ran straight to Nagito's room. Without thinking, without pausing to knock, I burst through the door.

Nagito looked at me, and his eyebrows were raised. "Hinata-Kun? Why are you here? I asked Tsumiki to make sure you came no where near me!" He said, but his expression said otherwise. So then... He wants to be near me..? The hell was that supposed to mean? That he needs some company?

"Sorry, Komaeda... I was a total dumbass yesterday... I completely forgot about the disease's side effects..."

"Exactly! You're a total dumbass! You're the dumbest person I've ever met-! After all, you did terrible in the class trials!" He shouted. He covered his mouth as soon as the words exited his mouth.

I looked at him, stunned that he would say something like that, but quickly realized that he meant the opposite. "Thanks, Komaeda. And don't worry, I get what you mean now. Don't worry about hurting my feelings."

Nagito then slowly moved his hands from his mouth, revealing a small smile. "You're so mean Hinata-Kun... No thanks."

"Of course." We kinda just stood in silence for a bit. The quiet was soon interrupted by the Monokuma announcement, though, and I realized that Kazuichi would be waiting for us to answer the monitor that he had made in about thirty minutes.

"I don't have much time... But I'll stay for a bit." I said.

"Hinata-Kun, If you have somewhere to be then spend all that time with me!" So he's saying that I shouldn't be hanging out with him? Dammit, what does he want?

"So do you want me to leave..?" I asked, confused.

Nagito waited a bit before replying, "I would mind if you stayed, in fact, it would make me mad, but if you don't have anywhere to be, then you should stay." He then sighed, realizing how confusing his words are.