Chapter 10

The height difference between makoto and hajime tho-^^

also nagayhoes gay pose i love it like yas queen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nagito P.O.V.

As we all crowded in what happened to be a trial room, Fuyuhiko said something.

"I left  you all alone for and hour and you go and fucking kill someone! Fucking great." He yelled. "I shouldn't even be here." He mumbled.

"So... How do we even... start this..?" Mahiru asked.

"Well," I started. "Why don't we talk about the most pressing issue on our minds. Why was Byakuya's body found underneath the table?"

"Well, we can obviously tell that he was killed underneath the table, since there were no drag marks. But I don't know how that could've worked. Byakuya just barely fit underneath that table." Hajime answered.

"Well... Maybe after we look at more evidence... it'll all come together?" Chiaki suggested.

Everyone seemed to agree. I hesitated before nodding my head. Gosh. Did I really want to do this anymore?

"Let's think about this then..." Chiaki continued.

"My mind seems to be drawing a blank..." Sonia said sorrowfully.

"Well, Byakuya was found dead at around 11:30 PM, and his body was found under a table by a pair of night vision goggles, a knife covered in luminous paint, as well as a piece of tape stuck to the bottom of the table splattered with the same substance." I noted.

"U-Um... I-I would like t-to point out... that Byakuya was killed by a weapon -th-that is a-about 5 millimeters th-thick..!" Mikan added.

"Then... it's safe to assume Byakuya wasn't killed by the knife at the crime scene, but something else, correct?" Chiaki said. "It's also completely safe to assume that Byakuya was killed during the blackout."

"Then..." Kazuichi said. "I'd like to make an accusation! I think Pekoyama is completely guilty!"

"M-Me? The killer? I most certainly am not!" She shot back.

"You were in the office with the breaker!" Kazuichi pointed at her. "Everything about that screams guilty!"

We all bantered a bit, but ended up coming to the conclusion that Peko had been occupying the bathroom doing... well... I better not say.

"To add to that..." Hajime said. "I believe someone tricked the breaker. After all, there's no way Pekoyama could've reached it."

"Then maybe... Someone overloaded the breaker?" Mahiru suggested.

"I agree with that!" Hajime shouted. "After all, when me and Na-Erm. Komaeda were investigating, we came across lots of things that were turned on and could've easily overloaded it with all the power it was using." Had he really... almost say my first name.? I felt myself blush.

"So then... What else is there to discuss?" Chiaki said.

Nobody spoke for a long second. Hiyoko then finally spoke up. "Geez... The culprit really knew what they were doing..."

"Don't worry everyone!" I found myself saying. "After all, this is just a lowly killer we're talking about here!"

"Wait." Hajime suddenly said. "Komaeda... What do you mean? Weren't you just earlier telling me how there was no way there was a killer among us?"

I thought back to when we were really forced to face the reality of the situation that lay before us after Monokuma informed us that someone had killed Byakuya. I had said that I would investigate to prove that there was no killer, and that it was just Monokuma.