Touching Down

⚠️NOTICE: This chapter contains certain references and dialogue that has been adapted and changed from another Author's work. I give FULL credits to @Neeriss for this chapter for inspo taken from her book ⚠️

❗️The plot and dialogue from here on out after this chapter, is my own with no inspo taken❗️

___
___

"Wheels down in five!" The pilot called out as we all consecutively turned our heads to look at him.

"Check!" Merrick responded. "Get ready Ghost's!" He said as he looked at all of us.

I sat between Hesh and Logan while Neptune and Kick sat in-front of us, Keegan and Merrick were standing over near the cockpit but soon moved over to sit down and strap themselves in for landing.

I honestly was a little nervous about this mission with the Task Force, we worked with them once before but it was very briefly and it was back when the Ghost's were stronger, Merrick will never admit it but, the unit has been deteriorating slightly ever since the federation.

I turned to look over at Logan as I noticed he hadn't moved much.

This mf is asleep.

I slapped the top of his helmet, he jolted awake as he turned and looked at me, Neptune and Kick started laughing.

"What the fuck..?" He said as he looked at me in disbelief.

"You should know better than to fall asleep with all of us around, Logan." I grinned. Hesh started laughing.

"Yeah, do you remember the last time you feel asleep? You were laying on a cot and we tied you down with our grappling ropes." Hesh stated as he tried to not laugh as he told the story, Logan just rolled his eyes.

"Ha Ha." Logan said sarcastically. His expression laid unenthusiastic.

"Oh my god it took you like two hours to get out of those damn ropes!" Kick exclaimed as we all reminisced on the fond memory, back when things were a little more simple and we could actually enjoy things instead of how we have to be extra
cautious about everything we do now.

"And not one of you helped, thanks guys." Logan said shaking his head as he was gathering up his stuff and getting ready.

"Your very welcome." I teased as I patted him on the shoulder, watching a smirk cross his face.

"Alright, kids. We're about there so keep things professional, and let me do the talking. Got it!" Merrick yelled over the sound of the aircraft.

"Yes sir!" We all yelled.

"Touching down now!" The pilot called out as we soon felt the jolt of the aircraft as it landed, we taxied for about two minutes before the plane soon came to a stop. The back of the C-17 opened as we all un-strapped from our seats and got our gear as we followed Merrick out of the plane.

//