Shadows in Celebration

- Author's Note: Hey Friends. Just a quick note that there's probably nothing too interesting or important that happens in this chapter (except towards the end). I know a lot of people don't enjoy chapters that delve into lore or just overall silly banter and antics, and that's totally fine! But I wanted to write something kind of light-hearted after the last two chapters that I published.
But anyway! Hope y'all enjoy. Thanks for the support as always <3

꧁༒꧂

Katrina woke up to the sounds of movement and
conversation coming from the kitchen, loud banter and laughing as well as the clanging of glasses could be heard as she sat up and her eyes darted around the room realizing everyone was gone from their bunks but her. She reached over and grabbed her phone to look at the time. It's five in the morning, I'm gonna kill em.' Were they up the whole night?

She laid her head back down on her pillow, her eyes fixated on the bunk above her as she listened for a moment. Not only were they being loud, but they had some type of country music playing over a speaker. Johnny Cash? Can't be mad at that but they're going to wake up the whole building. Normally I'd just join them but I'm not in the mood for this so early in the morning, especially after what happened yesterday. Needless to say I'm feeling a little mentally drained.

She laid there, contemplating if she wanted to try and go back to sleep or crash their party when she started to smell something. Is that fucking bacon I smell? Don't tell me they're trying to cook something again because last time they did, they almost burned the building down.

With a heavy sigh, she slowly pulled herself up and swung her legs over the side of the bed.Reaching over to her nightstand, she grabbed her pain medication as she popped two pills and took a sip of her bottled water to wash them down before she stood up and walked slowly towards the kitchen. Every morning was a struggle just to get moving, each step was painful at first but it would usually get better as the day went on.

The sounds of conversation and laughter got louder as she stopped inside the doorway to the kitchen, using the doorframe to lean herself against as she observed what was happening before her, she wiped the sleep from her eyes so she could focus a little better. All of them had chips and cards out, playing what looked like poker. Jade was over near the stove cooking something. And damn, whatever it was smelled good. She's getting bonus points from me, Katrina thought.

"Woah—," Logan looked up at her with a concerned look on his face, Katrina just glared at them all as they looked over at her.

"Did the apocalypse happen because you look like a zombie," Logan chuckled.

"You alright?" Hesh asked her.

"I hate to crash your party or whatever this is," She said with a tired tone of voice as she waved her hand out in front of her, "But it's five in the morning,
and—....is that whiskey?" Her brows furrowed as she walked closer to examine the bottle of it on the table.

They all started laughing, "Can never go wrong with whiskey, gets her every time," Hesh nodded.

"It's so early though—," She protested.

"Who cares? Sit down, I'll pour you a glass," Kick waved her over as she sat down at the front of the table.

"Uh no—," Logan shook his head, "Drink some water first."

"I did?"

"Me when I lie."

"Shut the fuck up."

"I'm just saying," He shrugged, shoving a bottle of water towards her, "Don't come crying to me later for an IV cause you got dehydrated."