Vulnerable

- Simon's Point of View -

꧁༒꧂

"What exactly do you mean by a break?" I asked her as we were still standing in the middle of nowhere in the woods. She was over and done with talking, she wouldn't even look at me anymore. I need to know exactly what is going on with her. I know she's been struggling, but this is the first time she's been close to admitting it. Part of me is worried she doesn't want to pursue us anymore, am I not good enough? Have I been too pushy? Have I not been concerned enough? Did I do something that upset her? I don't remember doing anything.

Either way, I need to know and I'm not letting her walk away from me until she gives me a solid answer. Call me harsh but I'm worried that she's slowly going off the deep end. She's trying to rush her recovery too much just so she can get back to her job. She doesn't understand that she's hurting herself more by doing that. I don't like saying this, but she's going to need an intervention if she doesn't start taking care of herself.

"Talk to me, love," I spoke softly. She was facing away from me, her hands up to her face and I could see her visibly shaking. As much as I want to wrap my arms around her and comfort her, I don't want to overstep and make her even more upset. She needs some space, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave her completely alone.

"Katrina Mae—," I pressured, don't make me use your full name, love.

"I can't do this anymore, Simon. I need a break from everything, and I mean everything," She weeped, practically hyper-ventilating.

"You need to breathe. Take a deep breath," I told her, kneeling down in front of her as she kept her face covered with her hands. She took a few deep breaths and calmed just a little bit.

"I would agree with you that you need a break, but I need to know exactly what you mean by a break, love. Especially considering you said you wanted to take time away from us. That word means many things."

"It's not like we're married, Simon! It's not that serious," She snapped, I could see she regretted that immediately as she looked up at me with a sorry look in her eyes before she looked away again.

"Im so sorry, I didn't mean that...I just—," She sniffled, "This is stupid."

"Katrina, say it. You don't need to be sorry. You've got something on your mind, so say it right fucking now. Do not hold it in, don't let it settle anymore. I'm going to tell you something, it won't get better with time. You won't just get over it. You won't, love. I'm not saying you aren't strong enough, I'm only saying that you don't have to be"