Under Siege

Author's Note: lmao no one's reading this long chapter. Anywayyy...sorry about the wait and for how long this is—

CIA Black SiteNear [LOCATION REDACTED]September

CIA Black Site
Near [LOCATION REDACTED]
September

Back inside the barracks, time was ticking. Everyone threw their ammo crates, guns, and gear on the table as fast as possible to get it sorted out and get their weapons checked and loaded. It took them less than a minute and a half to do. Unbeknownst to them, a second vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed made its way towards the main gate to the base. They became aware when the sound of its collision ricocheted across base, the sound of outgoing 5.56mm rounds made them all acutely aware that the situation had turned far worse.

They all knew what it was immediately. VBIED — the most commonly used form of enemy infiltration.

A switch flipped in their minds. They were no longer at a classified base where they thought they were safe. They were at war.

Running back outside they caught an image of the destruction caused by the VBIED. Smoke grew into the night followed by scattered rounds.

Kick pulled out his radio to get in contact with on site-personnel, "Personnel in the blind, anyone hard copy?"

Static

"Personnel in the blind, anyone got visual on the Charlie-1 gate [main gate]? Over?" He repeated.

Static.

"Shit."

The night sky was lit up by the sounds and flashes of small arms fire coming from a few hundred yards away. The rat-tat-tat of gunfire reverberated throughout the base followed by a few scattered explosions.

"AK's?" Neptune questioned in surprise.

"Katrina, you don't have to come with us—," Keegan assured her.

"I'm with you guys," She responded with a nod.

All of them turned simultaneously as they heard an RPG fired as it flew over the base walls and exploded into the building directly behind them, the building erupted into a ball of flames in the night sky, all of them instinctively ducked for a moment.

"Alright— Go!" Keegan exclaimed as they all pulled themselves together and started off in a dead sprint.

"Time to clock in boys and girls!" Neptune exclaimed, half laughing as they ran.