Processing

Katrina stepped out of a side-door off the main building as she leaned her back against a wall. Fully taking in the fresh air and heat of the sun on her face before she placed a hand in her back pocket to pull out a cigarette and her beat up old lighter she bought from an old shop back in Iraq on a mission they had in its regions - She just kept refilling it as keeping it was almost nostalgic for her at this point, keeping something that reminded her of a past mission sorta helped her to cope with the repeated emotional and physical stress that their unit endured time and time again.

She lit up her cigarette before slipping the lighter back in her pocket as she took a long drag, lasting about five seconds before releasing the puff of smoke. She let herself slide down against the wall until she was in the sitting position as she took another drag of her cigarette as she leaned her head back against the wall, closing her eyes for a moment as she let herself relax, even if it was just for a little bit.
But her mind wouldn't allow her to relax.

"Ты повзрослел (You've grown up)." - (Katrina)

"Нет, блин" (No Shit)."

"...AND I NEEDED YOU..."

".....The Red Room dates back to the Soviet era....
....No one leaves, there is no escape...."

"....All I remember was waking up in a shipping container with other little girls....and you both were gone...."

"...It was real to me..."

"...And then..Walker was killed-..."

"...Almost killed you that day along with everyone else......I wonder...was that your fault too..."

"....There are agents planted all over the world...."

Her sister's words kept echoing in her mind. The failure of not protecting her little sister even if it may have been out of her control, weighed on her mind and ate away at her. Her silence was interrupted for a moment as some recruits ran past her as they were being drilled to the field, it kind of made her nostalgic for when that was her at one point. She'd never questioned her life up until now but, was all of this really worth it.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt something cold on her left knee as she followed the arm up until she saw Simon. He nudged her with a cold water bottle as she took it from him, he leaned down slowly into a crouched position next to her.

"Thank you." She smiled. She still thought about what his ex had to told her, she wasn't sure about their relationship anymore or if she could trust him. But could she really trust the word of someone who cheated on him?

"No worries, love."

Katrina took a sip of water before setting the bottle down beside her. Taking another long drag of her cigarette before deciding she'd had enough and threw it out.

"I didn't know you smoked."

"Yeah I know it's bad-..."

"Can't really argue with you. I'm partial to a cigar or two here and there." He explained. "...you doing alright? That seemed tense..."

"Yeah, I just need a minute." She said rather short without looking at him. Simon observed her glassy and watery eyes but she was trying to be strong, he admired her for that.