Recon

I was walking down the sidewalk towards the main building since it had been a while since I left but, then I was grabbed by a sturdy hand and pulled behind a tree.

"Simon-..." I looked up at him as he covered my mouth with his hand as we watched some people walk by across the way. He finally let go as I turned and shoved him.
Be breathed an amused laugh as I glared at him.
"Love-.."

"No no no, don't "love," me? Are you trying to get us caught together?" I told him.

"I think most already know- Besides, wouldn't mind calling you mine so everyone knows it." He said as he reached over and messed with my braid that I had my hair in.

"Yeah well, I'm not yours yet."
Honestly, I don't even mean how harsh that came across, there's so much on my mind right now.

"That could change." He looked at me with loving eyes. "We've got to find more time for just us, love. Too much work these days."

"It's a little hard, Simon, when we've got Konni and Makarov to deal with. Trust me, I want to as well but-.." I explained to him but I'm sure to him I'm just making excuses.

"Are you afraid of me, love. It feels like you're pushing me away-." Simon went on.

In a way, maybe I am. Truth is, I'm scared about it. What if something happens and one of us loses the other, the other will be heartbroken.

"No, not afraid." I shook my head as I stepped closer to him. "Just cautious, I don't want either of us to get hurt."

"Why would that be?"

"We don't know what's going to happen between now and when this is all over. What if one of us gets hurt or worse and the other is left dealing with it? I don't want that, and especially for you." I explained to him as he put his hands on my shoulders gently as I grasped his forearms as we looked at each other.

"That's a whole lot of worrying love, I understand. But, I chose to love you, Katrina. From the moment I first saw you until our first night together, I knew what it would mean and you did too. Listen, once you get back from today, why don't just me and you go out?" He asked as I smiled under my mask.
He's a man with words alright.

"Like where?"

"Out to dinner, maybe."

"And after that?" I gazed up at him as his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Then.....we could go watch the stars again for a bit." He said.

"Annnnd?" I teased him.

"You keep teasing me with that tone and I'll show you right now what plans I have after that." He said with a seductive tone. Damn this mission, I fucking need him.

"Well maybe you should get a head start on that-." I didn't even finish what I was saying as he grabbed my arm and dragged me over to a storage room that was unlocked as we both quickly went inside, he locked it behind us.

Once inside I found him just staring at me for a moment before he slowly pulled my mask from my face. Our eyes locked as he cupped my face as if he were admiring me in every detail. "What're you looking at?" I smiled at him.

"Just you, love."

"Maybe you should take a picture, it'll last longer." I laughed at him jokingly.

"I will, but later. Looking at you like this is far better than any picture."
He told me as he traced his fingers along my jawbone. The way he says things is so beautiful, I've had more love from him in these few months in both ways: physically and emotionally - That I've never had before or even experienced. It's so real.