Taken

- Hesh' Point of View -

An eery silence seemed to hang in the air when we got to the location of where Katrina had sent us the SOS signal.

We all had these little devices strung up to the front of our kits incase one or more of us ended up in a situation where extra back up would be needed. Press the button and typically all of us in the unit will show up. This device is rarely used but it's saved some of us many times.
For Katrina, it saved her once when we saved her from Nolan, only we were too late either way. And we're once again, too late.

We all were surveying the scene. Task Force wasn't here just yet so it was just us. Of course we beat them here first.

Kick and Neptune did a loop around the area and they hadn't returned yet. Logan, Keegan, and I as well as Merrick looked around the area we assumed the girls had been in. The SOS doesn't give us the exact location only approximate unfortunately.

"You boys find anything?" I turned around when I heard Merrick ask as Kick and Neptune had just returned, but disappointment was in their eyes as they shook their heads no.

"Nothing." Neptune responded.

"Dammit-." Merrick said as he walked off and looked around a brush filled area.

Logan and I kept looking around. I think both of us were worried we'd find something we didn't want to see. All of us were.

"Boys, over here." Merrick shouted from a couple yards away as we all ran over there to see what he was looking at.

"What is it?" I asked as he was crouched under a tree.

"Someone was hiding out here." He responded. He's right too, the brush and grass was packed down as if someone had been lying there.

"These branches are all broken off too." Keegan pointed out as he handed me a broken branch and pointed to the tree where it looked like something was forced through here.

"I think we found it." Merrick sighed as he looked around some more. There's still no more clues or any sign of them.

We all looked up as overhead, a helo was landing in a small patch of open ground not far from us. Laswell, Price, and Ghost jumped out as they walked over to us.

"How'd you get here so fast?" Laswell asked as she came over.

"We have our ways." Merrick responded.

"Did you find them?" Price asked with a nervous tone.

Merrick hesitated before shaking his head. "Not a trace."

"godammit." Price said frustrated as he walked away.

"This was a simple recon mission. I didn't realize it could go so wrong." Laswell said with a regretful tone.

"Yeah well, they're gone. And we don't know where to look, it's a dead end." Merrick said to her in an angry and frustrated tone of voice.

"Well, we won't stop until they're found. I don't know how this happened they're both so highly trained-.." Laswell began to say.

"Taken by surprise, I'm sure." Price followed up.

No. She's too smart for that, both of them are. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see that being possible.

I honestly don't wanna hear anymore. It's hard enough not knowing what happened. And knowing we failed her again, for the second fucking time.

I walked away a bit from the conversation and Logan followed me. I kept my eyes to the ground looking for anything and then I stopped in my tracks, my eyes focused on the ground.