Friends and Relations

"The intel gathered from last night's mission will be crucial in our next steps going forward...." "Laswell began as we all listened to her. Everyone had gathered in the meeting room to go over what had happened last night.

"...The commander of the Ghost's has given me their reports and unfortunately there is not much to go on. The main whistleblower in this arms dealings operation was assassinated last night, the turmoil from this has cost us a small setback. Nevertheless we will push on with our mission." Laswell said before she made eye contact with me.

Last night she called me into her office asking me questions about what had happened after the party. I couldn't lie to her, not with Riley on to me so I told her the truth about what I saw and what happened, only part I left out is that the assassin and I are related, but blood doesn't weigh much...not anymore.

"Bourne. Bring me the file." Laswell said as I got up and walked up the aisle and gave her the report I had compiled.

I couldn't help but frown over this ordeal.

"Thank you." She said with a small smile before she opened up the file to sort through it, she then took out a usb file from inside a sheath that was in the file, she placed it into the computer as the large screen behind her lit up with cctv footage from the night of the party.

I quickly made my way back to my seat, sitting next to Hesh and on his other side was the rest of the unit.

"What is this?" Soap asked as we all watched the screen intently. I was feeling a lot of anxiety over this honestly.

Laswell didn't respond instead she hit the space bar on the computer as a distorted poor quality video started playing.

All that money floating around and they couldn't get better cctv footage. Jeez...

We all watched the screen with interest as an aerial view of the building where the gala had taken place the night before was shown on the screen. People were filing into the party as the cctv footage then panned over to a particular individual, from the video footage it was hard to decipher a sure identity but one thing was for sure, it was a female, black fitted dress and jacket and she appeared to be holding something as she disappeared inside a side entrance.

Laswell then paused the footage on the individual just as they had turned to look at the camera before going into the building.

Her face. However distorted, I knew it was her.

There was a moment of silence as many in the room tried to figure what exactly they just saw.

"Who you all just saw, is our culprit for the assassination." Laswell explained.

"What does this mean?" Gaz spoke up.

"It means we have a loose end. Thanks to Bournes intel gathering efforts we can somewhat assess what the individual looked like based off of Bournes personal encounter. However, we have no name for the culprit, the intel lost at the party from the assassination is unfortunate." Laswell expressed before she took out the usb from the computer placing it back in the file.

"So what does this mean moving forward?" Soap asked.

"I'm putting an intelligence team on finding out who the assassin is if possible, maybe even who they work for but right now, it may be unlikely we can trace them, they left nothing behind...no leads whatsoever." Laswell said in a frustrated tone.

I hope it stays that way.

"For the rest of you, we'll proceed with our efforts surrounding Verdansk and its regions, also, keeping shepherd in the back of your minds, he's still out there and he's still coordinating directives as far as we can tell-..." Laswell explained but in all honesty I kinda tuned her out after she mentioned Shepherd. I'd rather NOT keep him in the back of my mind, rather forget about him altogether if I could.