A Lack of Communication

January 6, 2012

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。

I twisted my body to leap up and into the air, setting the ball over to Aran who smacked it to the floor promptly after, winning us the first set against Kimoto. Kimoto was the first team we were put up against, and I can't help but say they were easy to face.

I gave Aran a high five before chugging my water, letting it spill down my face, we ended up getting them in two sets. The crowd went wild, and I smiled at the familiar proudness in my gut. This was going to be my second nationals, and the last one for this school year, So I want to make it count.

Since the last time I was here, I've been practicing a lot, as well as the rest of the team. I've noticed a lot of our players were hung up over every move they made at the first tournament. Though this time, everyone seemed to be approach the competition more confidently.

We had awhile until our match against Aoba Joshai, so we all planned on heading out to lunch. Our shuttle took the team a bit out of town, parking at a restaurant big enough to not mind our obnoxiously loud conversations.

"Any teams you look forward to playing against?" Aran asked, looking towards mainly Kita.

"I hope we have the chance to face Kamomedai this time."

I scrunched up my face, "Eh, I don't like their vibe."

"Ya don't like their vibe?" 'Samu elbowed me, teasing me for my choice of words.

"No, they seem like a bunch of stuck up rich kids, I bet their no better than Nohebi."

"I wouldn't say that," Sunarin pitched in, "If we do end up facing them, don't stay in your head, they're known for being good at managing their emotions on the court."

"Ya could learn from them." I teased, earning an eyeroll and a piece of sushi being snatched off my plate.

"What about ya Aran, who do ya want to go up against?" I asked, glaring at Suna. 

"Shiratorizawa." He said, shrugging.

"Me too! I've been wanting to meet their blocker, but I really want to play against Itachiyama again." 

"Is it because of their spiker?" Sunarin teased, though I shrugged it off.

"I guess a little bit, he's pretty addicting to watch on the court, not to mention their libero." I replied.

"No ankles." Sunarin chipped in.

I gave a dramatic nod of approving. 

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。