MSBY vs Adlers

September 23rd, 2018

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。

The feeling that pooled in my chest was familiar, and yet completely new. I saw the lights, the cameras, the crowd. Though this time it wasn't a high school tournament, nor a college one. Now we're professional volleyball players, playing for Osaka prefecture. 

It was different seeing the other team in person. Especially those I'm already familiar with. They're not a bunch of stupid kids anymore. 

The seating led up to the ceiling, and was on all four sides of the court for a change. Every single seat had someone in it, jumping up and down for joy.

I can imagine we only looked like ants to those in the far back. I saw cameras rolling. These cameras weren't pricy, they were expensive. They were also enormous. There was a series of large screens for the audience to see us up close. I was also aware that we were on live television. 

In a daze my eyes trailed to Kiyoomi's. He seemed to be as mesmerized as I was. He's told me however he's played some rather large games in college. He was the MVP. I knew I couldn't let the crowd get to me, but how could I not?

Hinata was bouncing on his feet, giddy as can be. The fire in his eyes spoke for all of us.

I let out a breath, watching as Kageyama took the first serve. He went straight for the sidelines but Hinata came in and saved it. His receive was clean and went up high. I made my way under the ball, straightening my posture and jumping up with raised arms. I set a clean toss back over to Hinata who was up and ready.

The crowd went crazy over MSBY's first point. I grinned, biting my lip. 

I could see 'Samu in the stands behind me. He had the ability to come closer considering he had a food cart. He better save some for me like he told me he would.

Now it was my serve. 

I took the ball in one hand, and rose the other up and into the sky. I so desperately wanted to feel that same feeling I did when I silenced the crowd. I wondered if maybe, they still knew me.

To test the theory, I snapped my hand shut. The stadium went from a hundred to nothing just like that. All the people stacked up to the ceiling, surrounding all four sides of us, went silent.

I let out a manic sort of laugh, straightening and sending the ball up. I can not believe that actually worked. I felt electric.

My ego seemed to get the better of me, and my attempts to hit the sideline failed. Instead my serve went straight out of bounds. I could feel 'Samu's mockery so I sent up a hearty glare to him. It was fairly humiliating.

Despite this I seemed to snap out of it pretty quickly. I tried to not get too cocky, considering this was my first time playing for such a large crowd. I was live for every town in Japan.