Boys Don't Kiss

January 8th, 2012

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。

I woke up a little earlier than I wanted to. I tried to sleep in but to no avail. My nerves were getting the best of me.

I chose to go on a jog without anyone knowing. I would have asked coach but he wasn't awake, and I didn't think it'd be a big deal. I only planned to go around the block.

When I left the hotel the sun had yet to rise, and dark cold air rushed against me. It was refreshing. I spent my morning running around the block, taking a bunch of right turns until I found my way back. By the time I saw the hotel parking lot I felt anxiety brew in my stomach. This was probably, completely, and utterly, not allowed.

I trotted back in, rubbing my hands together and smiling at the receptionist.

"Are you one of the volleyball players staying here?" She asked, setting the pen she was playing with down on the desk.

"Yeah I am actually, was just goin' fr' a jog." I smiled.

"Well you looked good out there," She said it in a flirtatious way. I looked at her for another moment. She was probably just barely eighteen, and was fairly tall. Her skin was pale and overall she was very pretty. Maybe, if I were anyone else, I would ask for her number. Though I honestly had to desire to give it to her. 

"Thanks! See ya later, receptionist-chan."

She smiled and gave me a wiggle of her fingers as to wave me off. I went back to the room, the sun was just now starting to rise, and neither 'Samu nor Suna was awake. I would try to get in another hour of sleep, but by now my heart was racing too fast. Instead, I grabbed some comfy clothes and headed to the shower, changing and heading down to eat breakfast on my own.

It was a slow morning, but an enjoyable one. I was left to thoughts about the game and whatever else came to my mind. At some point, I caught the receptionist's eyes, she gave me a little wink. I smiled back, though didn't feel any sort of rush from the interaction. I've been flirted with before, many times actually. And a lot of the time, I flirt back. Though to be honest, I've never took interest in anyone. Maybe, I just have to wait for the right girl to come around.

For some reason, I found myself frowning at the thought. Everyone around me always had their childhood crushes, and for me, I never did. A lot of the girls in our classes would like me, but even when I was young, I never felt anything for them. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever have the chance to fall in love, I'd like to.

I was ripped from my thoughts when 'Samu and Sunarin eventually sat by me. The table was small and circular, fit for just barely two people. Though we made do.

"Ready for our game 'Tsumu?" 'Samu asked me, ruffling up my damp hair. 

"Yeah, pretty pumped actually, I've been up awhile." I said, leaning back in my chair.