Beating Hearts

December 6th, 2012

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Despite Sakusa-kun's words, he still woke me up in the morning. This time, it wasn't much of a protest because I knew it was our last day. We still got a game in today, but shuttles and rides were set to pick us up at 4. I would get home pretty late.

"How sweet, makin' sure I get my breakfast." I teased, stretching onto the sheets. He took my pillow and hit it down onto my stomach, making my shoot back up around it like a spring.

"I figured you wouldn't wanna sleep in today."

"Mm, what time is it?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up, reaching out for my phone. It was only 9:00, which meant the cafeteria was already opened for breakfast.

I yawned, getting up and getting ready for the morning. Sakusa-kun waited for me, or maybe he just finished around the same time, and we made our way down to breakfast.

When we got our things we sat across from one another at a table. I rested on my knuckles.

"Are ya a tea, 'r coffee kinda guy?" I asked, pouring the sugar into my peppermint tea.

He pushed his mug forward, revealing the same t-bag as mine.

"Good taste." I smirked, "No sugar."

He scrunched his nose up, I chuckled a little in the back of my head.

"Do ya know what's happening today?" I asked, raising the mug with two hands to my mouth.

"We're spending time individually working on things to practice before the spring tournament. There's no official game or teams."

"Huh, smart I guess." I sat straight, setting my mug down, "I can't wait to see 'Samu."

But I don't want to leave you either.

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

Sakusa-kun was right about what he said, and most of the time coach went around discussing strategies, tactics, stretches, or attacks to practice back home. When he came to me I paid close attention, taking note for 'Samu's behalf as well. In the end, he actually did end up giving advice for me to pass to 'Samu.

I started to warm up with the stretches he showed me as he went around to the rest of the players. Sakusa-kun was by Komori-kun who was laughing at the coach. I was nosy so I came closer and noticed the coaches disgusted face.

Sakusa-kun had the tips of his fingers bent all the way back to his forearm. I screeched a little, joining them for the remainder of the period.

"Why does it do that?" I said, face scrunched up and finger pointing at his hand.