A New Year

December 31st, 2018

.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆..⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。

"Can ya believe the year is already over?" I asked, swinging both mine and Kiyoomi's arms. By the amount of times I've repeated the sentence, he probably can.

Kiyoomi smiled in return, squeezing my cozily gloved hand. He pulled me a little closer to his side. The snow crunched beneath our feet, and my cheeks were cold.

We were walking down the many streets in Tokyo. The sun was just now starting to set and we were looking for a place to eat. However everything was filled, considering New Years in Tokyo is a pretty big thing. We settled for some outdoor seating, despite it being cold. 

I wanted to look at all the lanterns and decorations anyway; they also sat us by a tiki torch where we could warm up. Kiyoomi slid over to sit beside me, his hand found its way to my waist. I laid against him, humming to the feeling of his hand running up and down my sweater.

"What did y'er family do fr' New Years Omi? Ya lived in Tokyo after all."

He hummed, smiling, "Well, I plan on showing you after we eat."

I grinned ear to ear, "Ya know what y'er gettin' Omi-Omi?"

"Eh.." He just now looked at the menu.

"Mm I want a toasty drink." I told him, he flipped the menu to look by the drinks, gazing through the options.

"I'm gonna get Matcha." He said, looking over at me.

"Oo! I want Oshiruko!" I exclaimed.

"That's not a drink." He clarified, making me glare.

"Smart ass."

He attempted to flick at my forehead just before the waitress came. She wrote everything we wanted down on a notepad, then wandered back inside. The area was cute. There were banners strung around to make an enclosed outdoor area. There were also benches and seats, with other torches spread around the area. 

The drinks were the first to come out. I settled for hot chocolate, since that's the only thing I could think of on the spot. It was good hot chocolate, and drinking it kept me warm. I can admit Oshiruko did sound really good however.

We didn't spend too much of our time eating, and were off to Kiyoomi's family surprise thing now. I skipped along happily, the lights were beautiful.

The streets started to get more and more crowded with people the closer we got. I was thrilled to eventually stumble across an ice rink.

"Oh my god! Little Omi could ice skate?"

"He could, this one can't." He laughed, "I haven't skated in forever."