Chapter 8

It's Friday, and the dance is tomorrow. Me and my friends were figuring out who was going to drive before we had to split up to our home rooms.

Once it was time to go to the homeroom, I peeked inside and of course. I'm not surprised. Peter wasn't there. Well, I guess he fully gave up on me because I called him out. He probably switched to different homerooms to avoid seeing me at all. I check my phone and zero text from him also, but why do I fucking care so much? He made it clear that he doesn't see me as anything!

[Time skip]

Finally, lunchtime came around, I was starving!

"Okay, so we decided to take TK's car this time and split the money for gas money?"

"Oh yeah! Weren't we gonna go eat at a restaurant before we head to prom since it starts at 7 p.m.?"

"Ooo yeah that one kinda fancy place, never went there before, kinda excited!"

Me and my friends honestly couldn't wait for tomorrow, seeing everyone fully dressed up and being able to show us off when we went to dinner. But all of a sudden the cafeteria went quiet, wtf was going on? TK, Lucy, and Sarah's eyes looked behind me, I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.

I turned and was faced with Peter with a huge bouquet of roses, and a big bag of gifts. He made the effort to look a little bit nice, and he put his hair up which he never does at school! He wore a black button-up but still wore his punk-style jacket over it. The reason everyone was shocked was because they had never seen him do this for someone else, showing any affection to another person.

"Uh..ahem."

Peter gently held one of my hands and I could feel how sweaty his palms were. My heart couldn't stop pounding, he's doing this for me...he's proving that he actually does care.

"L-look. I know this is sudden...very sudden. But, can I have the pleasure of taking you to homecoming..as my date?"

Peter stared at me, scared shittless that I was going to say no and he would just end up embarrassing himself. I stood up held his hand tightly and gave him a big reassuring smile.

"I'd love to be your date, and I'm glad that you'll be mine."

His eyes widened and a big smile spread across his face. And he picked me up and hugged me tight. Everyone was wide-eyed, they had never seen Peter like this before! But even though he asked me to homecoming, it wasn't a direct 'I love you back.' It was just him proving that he cared and wasn't ashamed of showing kindness towards you during school and not loving me.

Either way, I'm so glad that he was going to be my date. No one ever put the effort to do something so romantic for me. 

Peter held out his arms towards me and smiled.

"Would you like to go out for lunch?"

I blush and look back at my friends. Both Lucy and Sarah gave a thumbs up saying it was or but only TK gave a small sad nod. I hugged his arm and started to exit the school. I don't even care if people are staring, I like that they know he only cares for me. 

Before we went, we dropped off the bag of gifts and flowers in my locker. Peter brought his bike today, and everyone who was eating outside stared in awe seeing me put on a helmet and wrap my arms around Peter before taking off. I'm even more excited for homecoming now, maybe he will confess his feelings. Ugh, I can't get my hopes up. 

(Short chapter ik, I just wanted to write a short part of Peter asking you to homecoming, there will be more in the next chapter I promise.)