33

Stiles called Scott to tell him where to go but Scott didn't answer. After reaching both his and Allison's voicemail three times, Stiles decided to take matters into his own hands. 

"Let one of us go. You should stay here." Isaac insisted as Stiles pulled on a clean pair of pants. He stripped his shirt, ignoring the way Erica was eyeing him from her place on his bed. He poked his side, wincing slightly before grabbing a clean shirt.

"He's got a point. What are you going to do in a fight?" Erica wondered. 

"I can't just leave him there." Stiles insisted, grabbing his bat from beside his bed. "I'm going with or without you." Isaac and Erica exchanged worried glances. 

"Fine, I'll call Boyd and tell him to get the rest of the pack." Erica stepped out of the room to make the phone call.

"Stiles, let us go. You are still vulnerable. If anything happens to you Derek will kill me." Isaac pleaded. 

"Nothing's going to happen to me. My life is at risk no matter where I am." Stiles was not going to give in, no matter how good Isaac's kicked puppy look was. He lowered his voice just in case Erica could still hear them. "I can't live without him. If he dies I-" Stiles words caught in his throat. "I can't lose him." Erica swept back into the room, noticing the tension between the two but deciding it would be a later problem. 

"Are we really doing this?" 

"Yeah. We really are." Isaac spoke firmly, locking eyes with Stiles. 

"Okay, I'm driving." Erica snatched Stiles's keys from his hand and darted out of the room.

"Thanks." 

"Let's go get our alpha." 

"I don't know why you're being so difficult." Kate announced dramatically. 

"You mean why I don't want to work with you after you burned my family alive?" 

"Again with the family." She rolled her eyes. "We used to be so good together. Before all that. Don't you remember?" Her voice was sickeningly sweet. "We make a good team. I can help you protect your pack." 

"I was doing just fine protecting my pack before you kidnapped me." He snapped. 

"Oh yeah I could tell from the way the three musketeers were snooping around behind your back. Seems like you've really got a handle on everything." Kate huffed, crossing her arms. "Fine if you really want to do this the hard way. Seems like its time to call your little boyfriend."

Derek growled as Kate pulled out his phone again, scrolling through his contacts.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised my niece is still running with mutts." She remarked as she spotted Allison's name near the top. "Don't you ever worry that she's just like me? It'd be a shame for you to lose another pack over young love." Derek had definitely been wary of Allison when Scott had first fallen for her but she had proven herself to be an asset. "You know there really are a lot of teenagers here Derek. Didn't want to build your pack with people your own age?" 

Derek tried to tune her out. He knew she was just trying to get under his skin and it didn't matter what she said.

"Was that how you lured him in? Turn all his friends so he has no choice but to be around you?" He tensed at the mention of Stiles but tried to stay neutral. "You've got me wondering what's so special about him. Maybe once he gets here I'll take him for a test run." His eyes turned a deep red as he let out a loud roar at the thought of her anywhere near Stiles. "Maybe I'll even do it right here so you can watch." Derek thrashed harder against the chains until electricity jolted through him.