7

Stiles was glad Lydia knew about his relationship because he finally had someone to talk to about it. He spent their ride to school on Monday gushing about their time together. After school on Tuesday, he went over to her house so they could get ready for their dates together.

"He loves me. Derek Hale loves me." Stiles sighed dreamily as he laid on Lydia's bed.

"Of course he does." She had always had suspicions about Derek's feelings for Stiles. It was part of the reason she discovered their relationship. 

"He's cooking for me tonight." Stiles grinned. "It's our three monthaversary." 

"And you're wearing that?" She commented, gesturing to his t-shirt and flannel combination. 

"What's wrong with this?" Stiles frowned, looking down. Lydia rolled her eyes.

"Don't you have any nice shirts?" She furrowed her brows. Stiles shrugged.

"Yeah but-" 

"No buts. We'll leave early and stop at your place." She handed Stiles the curling iron to speed up her process. She did her makeup while he curled her hair. "This talent is wasted on a boyfriend." She teased as a perfectly formed curl fell from the wand. 

"I don't know. I think Derek would look good with long hair." Stiles thought, picturing his boyfriend with a man bun.

"Maybe he'll let you curl his sideburns." The pair laughed. Once Stiles was finished Lydia went into her closet. Like last time, she held up two outfits. "Which one?" Stiles pointed to the left and Lydia disappeared, coming back with his choice on.

"Seriously?" Stiles pouted. He figured Lydia would put on whatever one he didn't choose but it seemed like she was one step ahead of him. 

"Come on, let's get you looking presentable." 

They went straight up to Stiles's room when they got to his house. Lydia started rifling through his drawers until she found a button-up shirt. She threw it at him and he put it on. 

"Tuck it in." She instructed and he followed her directions. "Now for your hair."

"My hair is fine." He protested but she was already running her hands through it, trying to style it. Once he looked up to her standards, they went back to the jeep and Stiles drove her to Parrish's apartment. Lydia waved from the door and Stiles watched Parrish escort her inside. He couldn't see them together at first but now, it made sense to him. Even from a distance, it was clear that he cared about her. 

Stiles drove to Derek's, his heart racing at the thought of being with him. The man he loved. The man who loved him. Stiles knocked on Derek's door and Derek invited him in, appreciating his formal dress. Apparently Lydia was right. He wouldn't tell her that though. 

What surprised Stiles the most when he walked in was that Derek had set up a table for them. Derek wasn't a huge fan of candles but in the center of the table was a tall candle, illuminating the romantic setting. 

"It smells great in here," Stiles commented, taking a deep breath in. 

"I made spaghetti," Derek told him as he stirred the sauce. "And before you ask, no I'm not going to roll a meatball to you with my nose." Stiles grinned at the fact that Derek had thought about it and even better that he knew Stiles did too. 

"Fine, but if you don't split a noodle with me, what's the point?" Derek slightly rolled his eyes but smiled. Derek served up two plates of food and placed one in front of each of the places he had set up. He pulled the chair out for Stiles. "What a gentleman. Am I supposed to do that for you now or is only one person supposed to be chivalrous?"