25

"You and Derek?"

"Yup"

"Derek and you..."

"Yup"

"You and Derek...together."

"Isaac oh my god!" Stiles groaned loudly turning to glare at the beta.

"Sorry! It's a lot to take in!" He protested. "Not that!" Isaac blushed when Stiles glared harder. "I just mean, he's my alpha and you're well... you. I need to figure out how this changes things and-"

"Nothing needs to change ok? No one can know about this remember? As far as anyone's concerned, I'm just Lydia's boyfriend okay?" Isaac shook his head, still trying to wrap his head around the situation. 

"Except you're not. You're Derek's." Stiles groaned at Isaac before slamming his head down on the wheel. The light honk made Isaac jump. "Does that make you pack mom?" 

"You're lucky I love this jeep so much or I would drive us into a tree," Stiles muttered. 

"I have werewolf healing." Isaac pointed out with a smug grin.

"Yeah but I don't and do you really want to be the one to tell Derek why I died?" 

"Let's just uh get to the school," Isaac mumbled with wide eyes as Stiles smirked at his victory. 

Isaac and Stiles got to the locker room before Coach noticed they were late. Scott waved them over when they showed up. Isaac smiled at him before leaving Stiles alone with his best friend. 

"You're looking a bit rough," Scott teased ruffling Stiles's hair. "Why do you smell like Derek?" Scott wondered. Stiles coughed glancing briefly at Isaac who was clearly listening in on their conversation. 

"Lyds mentioned he was having a rough time so I went to talk to him." Stiles shrugged, attempting to be casual. 

"Is that why you weren't at school this morning?" 

"I just stayed in bed." 

They all finished changing and headed out to the lacrosse field. They had a few drills to run before the game started so Scott began leading a quick warm-up. Jackson lead a few exercises when the stands started filling up. Scott grinned when he spotted Allison sitting with Malia, Lydia and surprisingly Derek and Parrish. Stiles noticed his dad sitting on the other side of Parrish with Melissa. It was nice to see them all there to support the pack. 

The other team arrived and the game had started in no time. Stiles was on the bench, as usual, but he didn't mind as it gave him a chance to stare at Derek. He watched as Kira passed the ball to Scott who sent it to Jackson who got it in the net. The crowd cheered as Beacon Hills pulled ahead. Isaac sat with Stiles on the bench, noticing where he was looking.

"You know, it's amazing we didn't catch on sooner," Isaac whispered, snapping Stiles out of his trance. 

"What?" 

"You and Derek, you guys really aren't subtle. You've been ogling him since we sat down." Isaac teased. 

"Shut up." Stiles's cheeks flushed as he pried his eyes away from Derek, turning back to watch the game just in time to see an opposing player slam into Scott. He flew back, tumbling to the ground. Stiles and Isaac jumped to their feet, watching as Scott rolled on the ground. 

"Bilinski! You're in!" Coach called out as Scott made his way to the bench. Stiles ran out on to the field, joining the game. 

"You good Scotty?" Isaac asked as Scott sat down beside him. 

"Yeah, I'll be right back." He jogged toward the school, disappearing into the locker room. 

On the field, Stiles sprinted alongside his teammates, trying to keep up with the werewolves. Jackson tossed him the ball and he caught it. He ran towards the net and threw it in, scoring a goal for their team. He glanced over to where his packmates were cheering, his eyes landing on Derek. Stiles could see the proud look in Derek's eye and it made his heart swell. 

Isaac cheered for Stiles before turning to talk to Scott, realizing that he had not yet returned. He got up and went into the locker room to search for him. When he walked in, he spotted Scott with a girl, a wire held tightly to his throat. Isaac watched in shock as Scott removed the rope from around his neck, his eyes flashing red at the girl. He ran in helping pull her off of Scott, trying to ignore the shock of what had just happened.

Stiles had gotten the ball again. He was running towards the net when he saw Boyd go down across the field. He froze. Stiles launched the ball in the general direction of Jackson before running over Boyd. As he approached him he felt a sharp pain in his side that sent him tumbling to the ground. The last thing he heard was Derek's voice calling out his name.