38

"He's been missing for weeks and you're only calling me now?" Cora snapped into the phone. 

"We thought he would turn up." Boyd confessed. 

"Does it have something to do with Stiles?" She asked.

"You knew?" 

"They're not subtle." She shrugged, even though he couldn't see her. "Derek's been pining after him since the pool." 

"Seriously?" 

"You're lucky, I'm pretty sure Stiles would have gotten with Erica if he didn't already have a hard on for my brother by the time she turned."

"You weren't even around for that! How do you even-"

"I'm observant. Plus Stiles and I drank once before I left and he told me everything." Cora laughed. Isaac entered the room, hanging up his phone.

"Anything?" Boyd asked as Isaac flopped onto the couch beside him.

"No, you?" Boyd shook his head. 

"Hey Isaac!" Cora called through the phone.

"Hey Cora, still single?" 

"Yup, still stupid?" She teased in response.

"Yup." Boyd quipped, ruffling Isaac's hair. 

"You both suck." Isaac groaned, rolling his eyes. 

"I have to go but if you don't find him, I'll hop on a flight." She hung up leaving Boyd and Isaac on Derek's couch. 

"We will find him, right?" 

Stiles stood next to his dad, staring up at their house. 

"You really think he's there?" Noah asked as he followed Stiles around the back of the house. Stiles frowned. 

"I don't know. I'm probably wrong. I just thought maybe he'd want to be close to me." Stiles blushed as he spoke the last part. "Then again, it seems like he wants nothing to do with me so I'm just being stupid." His dad clapped a hand on his shoulder. 

"Let's go take a look." 

Malia and Kira returned to the loft where Aiden, Jackson and Ethan had just returned from checking the perimeter. Neither party had found Derek in their search and the pack was starting to feel discouraged. Scott came back from speaking with Deaton with no news. 

"Allison said her dad hasn't heard anything which means at least there are no hunters involved." Scott told them. "Wherever Derek is, he's most likely there by choice." Scott was starting to feel hopeless again. Everyone was staring at him like he should have all the answers. He wasn't cut out to be the alpha. "I know you're all worried about him but we will find him. Our pack will be whole again. I promise." Isaac looked up and met Scott's eyes, offering him a supportive smile. 

At the station, Lydia leaned over Jordan's shoulder as the computer searched for Derek in any security footage. He had reacted surprisingly well to the pack knowing about their relationship. Although they still couldn't tell the whole town, it was nice that they could be themselves with the pack. 

"You know, its really hard to focus with you standing that close to me." Jordan teased lightly, looking up at her. 

"I'm being completely professional." She protested, her hand sliding from its place on the chair to rest on his shoulder.

"That almost makes it worse." He lightly laughed. "I'm standing next to the most beautiful woman in Beacon Hills and I can't even do anything about it." She smiled at him, an expression he returned before something caught her eye on the screen.