10

Lydia and Stiles walked into the Sheriff's station. They looked around for their target, finding him talking to another officer. When he spotted them he walked over. 

"Your dad should be back any minute, want to wait in his office?" Parrish tried not to look at Lydia, knowing the way he looked at her would easily give their secret away. Stiles and Lydia looked at each other.

"Actually we wanted to talk to you." Stiles began.

"Privately." Lydia finished, pulling Parrish's attention to her. Parrish began to assume the worse. He wondered if this new arrangement had resulted in them falling in love and she had shown up to dump him. The three of them went into Sheriff Stilinski's office. 

Stiles pulled the crumpled up list from his pocket. He left the page folded so that Parrish's name was on the back. He handed it to the deputy who looked it over.

"This is a hit list?" He asked, looking between Stiles and Lydia for an answer. His eyes lingered on Lydia for an extra few seconds as he wondered what her part was in all of this. 

"We call it a Deadpool." Stiles corrected. "Do you recognize any of the names?" 

"Uh yeah, the Sheriff had me run some of these through the system last night but we couldn't find anything." Parrish was still confused as to why the two teenagers, one being his girlfriend, had a hitlist.

"Show him the other thing." Stiles gestured and Lydia flipped over the page, her fingers brushing against Jordan's. 

"Okay, that's kind of terrifying." He gulped as he read his name on the list. "What's the number?"

"That's how much you're worth..." Parrish turned around and locked eyes with Lydia for a second.

"I'm worth five dollars?" He questioned, slightly offended.

"Five million." Stiles clarified.

"I make 40 000 a year!" He blurted out. He looked down and mumbled under his breath, "I should just kill myself." He looked back at Stiles and Lydia. "I don't get this, why am I on this?" 

"We were hoping you could tell us." Lydia crossed her arms as she stared at Parrish. 

"I don't know." He admitted and Lydia sighed. Stiles glanced at the clock and groaned to himself. 

"Lyds, I've gotta get back to..." He looked at Parrish warily and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Derek. Do you want me to take you to get your car?" She looked at Jordan for his opinion on the situation. 

"Go, I'll meet you after my shift." He offered and she nodded. She fought the urge to peck his lips as she followed Stiles out to the jeep. 

As they drove back to Derek's, Lydia leaned her head against the window watching the scenery pass by. She and Parrish were going to have the supernatural talk and she was terrified. What if he was freaked out by her? He never really signed up for the whole banshee thing. 

"You okay?" Stiles asked, sensing the discomfort. 

"I don't know." She confessed with a small shrug. Stiles nodded and waited for her to elaborate. When she didn't, he decided not to press her on it. They pulled up to Derek's building and Lydia headed to her own car.

"Good luck with Malia!" Lydia called out with a laugh to cover her nerves. Stiles chuckled before yelling back.

"Good luck with your talk!" He winked at her and she suddenly felt at ease. There was something about Stiles that helped keep her calm even without trying. 

Stiles went inside and found Derek pacing around the room. 

"Malia is on her way." Derek sighed as Stiles placed a hand on his shoulder, halting his movements. "I can't believe I actually wish Peter was here." He grumbled and Stiles tried not to laugh. 

"It'll be okay." 

"What if it's not? Malia is not exactly the most open person." Derek pointed out and Stiles rolled his eyes. 

"Neither were you until you met me." Stiles grinned. Derek shook his head as a smile crept up on his lips. "She's going to be fine Der." The loft door pushed open and Stiles stepped away from Derek. They turned to where Malia had come through the door. 

"Where's the pack?" She asked, plopping down on the couch. 

"We actually wanted to talk to you alone." Stiles started joining her on the couch. Derek followed closely behind, the Deadpool in his hand. 

"Is this an intervention? I like deer! Get over it." She groaned, getting up to leave. Stiles pulled her back down and Derek showed her the list. She spotted her name on the list and her lips parted. She took a deep breath trying to wrap her head around it. Stiles put a hand on her shoulder but she pushed it away. She stared off into space while Stiles and Derek made eye contact. 

"My uncle is your father," Derek stated, feeling surprisingly uncomfortable in the silence. He had gotten so used to Stiles' constant blabbering that the silence was eery. Malia stood up and walked out, leaving the loft completely. Derek sat down on the couch with his head in his hands. 

"She'll come around. She just needs time to process." Stiles assured him.

Meanwhile, Lydia sat in the parking lot of Parrish's apartment. When she spotted his car, she got out and they walked in together. She held onto his hand as they both stayed silent. Once they got into his apartment he turned to her. 

"So, what's going on?" Jordan asked, pulling her into the apartment so they could both sit down.

"The Deadpool is a hitlist of supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills." Lydia began. She waited for Parrish to react but he stayed calm. "The Walcotts were creatures called Wendigos and-"

"What am I?" He asked nervously. Lydia sighed and chewed on her lip. 

"I'm not sure. I thought you might know."

"And what are you?" Lydia froze at the question. "I saw your name on the list." 

"I'm a banshee. Um, a harbinger of death." She started, trying to explain what it all meant. "Basically I have voices in my head." She avoided eye contact, not ready to see a change in the way he looked at her. 

"When we first met, you told me to trust you. You had a way of knowing things."

"And you believed in me without a second thought." She looked up and saw the same adoring look he always gave her. She leaned over slowly, giving him a chance to turn away. When he didn't she kissed him passionately. "Whatever you are, we will figure it out together." She promised. Jordan wrapped his arm around her and she leaned into his embrace.

"So, why don't you tell me everything you know." Lydia began to explain everything, from the Hales to how her friends had gotten involved. She told him how she had been bitten and lost in the woods for days and how she became part of the pack. He listened intently, hanging onto every word. "Wow." 

"Have I scared you off yet?" 

"Depends... Compared to the lizard-" 

"Shut up." She lightly shoved him and he laughed. "Jordan?" Lydia's voice came out quiet, small. Something no one was used to from the banshee.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." She bit her lip as she waited for his reaction. He placed a hand on her cheek and she natirally leaned into his touch. Her eyes met his and she felt safe.

"I love you too."